Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Delay when accessing recordings

duoduo

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
2,010
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
North West Seaside
I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue but since updating to 4.2 clean flash no backups, everytime I access the recordings there is a delay before it loads up sometimes I get the dotted circle top left.

Please can someone offer some advice on this?
 
Hard drive spinning up? I get the spinning vix if the hard drive has powered down and I try to access the recordings.
 
What do you mean hard drive powered down? This is alien to me.. The receiver is never shut down, I did be watching TV for an hour and then access recordings and the delay is always there, like I said only happened since upgrading to 4.2
 
The HD will be powered down after a set amount of time (I think it's configurable) when not in use, so there will be a delay while it spins back up again when you need it.

edit: "Menu/Setup/System/Storage Devices/Hard disk setup" allows you to define when/if the hd goes into "standby".

Default is 5 minutes.
 
Last edited:
Hi folks.
Newbie to this thing. Recently got Blue HD system running on Edision box. Am having trouble deleting recorded programmes!! when I press the red button to delete an item, it's telling me "cannot move to the trash can...Do you really want to delete....", I select yes, and follow as I was told by installer. Then when all is said and done, and I go back into my PVR, all the recordings are still there... Will shortly run out of hard drive like this. Can anyone help me with this please?
 
Hi folks.
Newbie to this thing. Recently got Blue HD system running on Edision box. Am having trouble deleting recorded programmes!! when I press the red button to delete an item, it's telling me "cannot move to the trash can...Do you really want to delete....", I select yes, and follow as I was told by installer. Then when all is said and done, and I go back into my PVR, all the recordings are still there... Will shortly run out of hard drive like this. Can anyone help me with this please?
 
What do you mean hard drive powered down? This is alien to me.. The receiver is never shut down, I did be watching TV for an hour and then access recordings and the delay is always there, like I said only happened since upgrading to 4.2

Possibly you had timeshift enabled before and now it has defaulted to off with the new image. Menu ->setup -> system -> timeshift settings -> automatically start timeshift after x seconds. With timeshift enabled the disk never spins down because its always recording what you are watching so that you can rewind live programs. With the disk always spinning the fetching of the archive may be a lot faster. If timeshift is not enabled the disk will shut down after a short time until required again and then it takes time to spin up.
 
Hi ADM

I think you are correct, I realised yesterday that since reflashing that time shift hadn't been setup and since doing so it loads straight away. Thank you for taking the time to respond buddy :thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top