Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Difference between USB Stick and USB Disk

DrProzac

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
What is the difference between a USB Stick and a USB Disk.
I had trouble getting my picons and PTS Working as I was pointing at USB Disk and not USB Stick.

I got all confuzed!:confused:
 
USB Disk is the USB HDD plugged into the DUO/SOLO

USB Stick is the liitle pendrive that plugs into the DUO/SOLO [AKA USB Microdrive/Flash]

USB Stick is better as it has faster transfer times and does not need to wakeup
 
USB Disk is the USB HDD plugged into the DUO/SOLO

USB Stick is the liitle pendrive that plugs into the DUO/SOLO [AKA USB Microdrive/Flash]

USB Stick is better as it has faster transfer times and does not need to wakeup

As he says, with just one little amendment...

The usb stick is not always a faster transfer, but the seek times (time it takes to read the storage device) is much slower on a usb drive compared to a usb stick... The transfer times are dependant upon the actual stick/drive you have...
 
As he says, with just one little amendment...

The usb stick is not always a faster transfer, but the seek times (time it takes to read the storage device) is much slower on a usb drive compared to a usb stick... The transfer times are dependant upon the actual stick/drive you have...

sorry poo thats what i ment faster seek times get my termanology mixed up
 
Thanks.

I know physically what they are, but why does the Image think I have both plugged in? Or have my mount points gone astray somewhere?
In Device manager I only have USB Stick and HDD (which is correct)

But when my Picons were selected I had the option to select USB Disk, USB Stick or HDD (as well as internal)
 
Thanks.

I know physically what they are, but why does the Image think I have both plugged in? Or have my mount points gone astray somewhere?
In Device manager I only have USB Stick and HDD (which is correct)

But when my Picons were selected I had the option to select USB Disk, USB Stick or HDD (as well as internal)

looks like they gona astray mate
 
The mount point for your usb pen drive should be mnt/usb which corresponds to 'usb stick' in some menus. However it may show up initially as mnt/sdb1 in device manager (vix menu). Just add the correct mountpoint in the menu mate.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top