Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Do I need an AV hdd?

  • Thread starter Thread starter intrigue
  • Start date Start date
I

intrigue

Guest
Hi,

Just bought a TM nano 3t.

Want to buy a hdd. Do I really need an AV drive or will any drive do? Could I whip the one out of my Sly plus HD/3D box? If so is is just a case of formatting it to fat32 with laptop before installing in to Nano?
 
Too large. I'd guess you need a 2.5 inch drive.
 
AV ones are better as they are designed for constant use and generate less heat. They usually are 5400 rpm, no need for 7200.

500gb is fine for me, but economics will probably lead you to 1tb. Any larger and you'll just keep rubbish on there.

Also worth noting you can use a network device.
 
Western digital do a 5200 rpm whisper quiet drive in 2.5 inch which is just the job for a/v
 
Western digital do a 5200 rpm whisper quiet drive in 2.5 inch which is just the job for a/v

Thanks - do you have a link?

eBuyer have 500gb av drives in the region of 45 quid. Maybe after pay day. Spent more than I intended to buying the nano 3t haha
 
They do a 1TB Samsung spinpoint for £45,
I have a 1TB Toshiba 2.5" in my LX3 and also had the same Toshiba 1TB in my Solo2 they are £52 and a very good drive never had a problem with it
and I tend to record a lot of stuff to watch later :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top