Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Ultra] Doesn't boot after upgrading

imish

New member
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Doesn't boot after upgrading to latest available image via feeds
 
I didn't even try to update online, as there was a warning about possible issues, but I flashed instead. All seems to be fine after the flash and complete restore.
 
Disappointing to see such a response.

Have a nice day - Bye.

You too :) after all there's more to life than satellite TV receivers :) Take a deep breath and USB re-flash your receivers, then do a settings / plugins restore, simple. Takes minutes.
 
You too :) after all there's more to life than satellite TV receivers :) Take a deep breath and USB re-flash your receivers, then do a settings / plugins restore, simple. Takes minutes.

Yup - doing that for the boxes that are local. For the remote ones its not going to be easy as I will have to drive up there.
 
Not really. That's what teamviewer is for

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Not really. That's what teamviewer is for

How do you mean? how would that help in this situation?

Cant telnet into the box, OpenWedif doesn't work, FTP does....

How will teamviewer help with a USB flash?
 
Yup - doing that for the boxes that are local. For the remote ones its not going to be easy as I will have to drive up there.

Why don't you teach the people to look after their own boxes? I've helped friends and family in purchasing a box and then show them how to set it up and how to do a couch and USB flash.
 
Why don't you teach the people to look after their own boxes? I've helped friends and family in purchasing a box and then show them how to set it up and how to do a couch and USB flash.

Thanks for the suggestion, doesn't apply to my folks in their 70s...

I take the earlier point made that the software is experimental and hence any upgrade should be done with USB flash.
Remote upgrades & couchflash is a not recommended.
I have also disable software update notification on all the boxes as that is an unnecessarily nuisance.

From now on I will be checking this forum for any feedback on an upgrade before going ahead with one.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, doesn't apply to my folks in their 70s...

I take the earlier point made that the software is experimental and hence any upgrade should be done with USB flash.
Remote upgrades & couchflash is a not recommended.
I have also disable software update notification on all the boxes as that is an unnecessarily nuisance.

From now on I will be checking this forum for any feedback on an upgrade before going ahead with one.

1. Unless there is an urgent bug fix, you don't need to be on latest image. Update it when you go to visit.

2. Why is couchflash not recommended? (unless you are still waiting for the mb micro bootloader)
 
2. Why is couchflash not recommended?

I couchflashed the miracle ultra & micro to v22 and it impacted both. Had to USB Flash update them to restore - the suggestions I have been given in both threads is to USB flash in order to upgrade. its a shame as couchflash is a super feature & so much more convenient (when it works).
 
I couchflashed the miracle ultra & micro to v22 and it impacted both. Had to USB Flash update them to restore - the suggestions I have been given in both threads is to USB flash in order to upgrade.
I thought you said you had performed an online update not? That is not the same as flashing/installing the latest image!

If your box is not booting, you cannot use Image Manager. This is why flashing by USB is the only option.

Flashing by USB or Image Manager is the same. So I don't know where this notion that you should not use Image Manager to flash the image has come from (barring the mb micro premium for those on older bootloader).
Performing an online update is what has been causing the issue for some people.
 
I thought you said you had performed an online update not? That is not the same as flashing/installing the latest image!

If your box is not booting, you cannot use Image Manager. This is why flashing by USB is the only option.

Flashing by USB or Image Manager is the same. So I don't know where this notion that you should not use Image Manager to flash the image has come from (barring the mb micro premium for those on older bootloader).
Performing an online update is what has been causing the issue for some people.

I think I did an online update.......I take it couch flashing is something different then...sorry not an expert here so could have got my terminology wrong.

Managed to get 2 boxes working by USB flash - another two are remote so will have to wait until I can get there after X-mas - which is a real shame as my folks will have to make do without it - lesson learnt.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top