Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Dreambox DM920 booting in Rescue mode

Clemente

Member
Joined
May 2, 2018
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hello,
Like in the title. One friend of mine has a Dreambox DM920 that suddenly began to boot in the Rescue mode without pressing the front panel "touch" button.
Once in Rescue mode it seems to work. In fact I'm able to upload my image and perform the Online Recovery. But, once finished, after reboot it is still in the Rescue mode.
Do you think that it is a hardware issue? Maybe the front panel "sensor" failed? Or what can I check? Thanks.
 
Hello,
Like in the title. One friend of mine has a Dreambox DM920 that suddenly began to boot in the Rescue mode without pressing the front panel "touch" button.
Once in Rescue mode it seems to work. In fact I'm able to upload my image and perform the Online Recovery. But, once finished, after reboot it is still in the Rescue mode.
Do you think that it is a hardware issue? Maybe the front panel "sensor" failed? Or what can I check? Thanks.

Sounds like it either doesn,t see a successful conclusion to the flash or hardware issue.
What image are they flashing? Local image (on PC) or network?
 
I tried to upload my Satlodge 3.2 backup (OE2.5 image) through my home network, and also tried the Online Recovery option that downloads such "default" image from internet I believe.
Both processes seem to complete successfully. At the end I can press the Reboot button in the web page, as always.
But after reboot, the box is still in the Rescue mode.
I suspect a hardware failure as mentioned above, but I would like to know if I can check something to be sure of that. Thanks.
 
I tried to upload my Satlodge 3.2 backup (OE2.5 image) through my home network, and also tried the Online Recovery option that downloads such "default" image from internet I believe.
Both processes seem to complete successfully. At the end I can press the Reboot button in the web page, as always.
But after reboot, the box is still in the Rescue mode.
I suspect a hardware failure as mentioned above, but I would like to know if I can check something to be sure of that. Thanks.
Download the OpenViX dm920 image (see above in OpenViX images) unzip to PC and in recovery select the root tar file….I know they work
 
I suspect a hardware failure as mentioned above, but I would like to know if I can check something to be sure of that. Thanks.
Connect Putty to the COM port (SERVICE - miniUSB) and it will boot. You will see more details about the problem.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top