Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Edit AutoTimer

Toja60

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2016
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Sweden
Hi!

The page in "Edit AutoTimer" are hard to see settings for:
"Restriction to certain services" and the following 2 lines.
I have tried different resolutions, but it has not helped.

The text is compressed.

It's the same on my VU + Duo2

(I use Swedish as the default language in ViX.)

I have tryed different resolutions.

Is there any way to fix this?

autotimer.jpg


Sorry for the image size...

PS: I have tryed to upload small images using "Manage Attachments" for Days... seems not to work, also tryed different browsers...
 
Mine is the same on my Duo2. I'm not sure when it started but it was definitley like that on build 013, maybe even earlier.
 
Last edited:
Mine is the same on my Duo2. I'm not sure when it started but it was definitley like that on build 013, maybe even earlier.

It's always been like that on my Extrend10K and on my previous Miraclebox - every Vix image for the last 3 years!
 
The skin will have to be modified. If we have any budding skinners, please submit a pull request with the changes.

Many thanks for assisting.
 
Last edited:
No. The left-hand list overlaps the right-hand list.
It's been like that for several years.

Yes, I understand that it is overlapped, it's my built-in Swe-Eng translation that doesn't work perfect all the time :o
 
It is the same for all languages. Someone will have a go skinning it differently so that it fits.
 
Perhaps just the menu wording?

Filter services (edit services)
Filter bouquets (edit services)
Filter days of week (add filters)
Other filters

Code:
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/Mod_menu/

Quick(ish) and dirty fix

Modify the translation file for the plugin/extension

See first post in http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...nguage-Read-how-easy-it-has-been-made-to-help!

Download POEDIT (see above link) - this runs on your PC

From the above link
The above files relate to the translation of system files. However: you also have the option to translate (most of the) plugins. To do so go to the plugin browser and click on Green (download). Now you can browse through the list and see many files called xxxxx.po (where 'xxxx' stands for the name of the plugin. Select the one you would like to translate and click 'OK'.
Now you can find the file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions .
Opening and translating the file is the same as for the system files mentioned above.
[end quote]

From the box main menu
Plugins => Press Green (download plugins) -> extensions -> autotimer-po -> select yes to download

You will now find the .po files in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/locale

I copied the en.po (english.po) to my PC and opened it up in the POEDIT software. For a Swedish translation select the appropriate .po file.

I found the 3 lines starting "Restriction....." and translated them to something shorter. On saving the file in POEDIT a .mo file is also generated (one of the options in the POEDIT settings menu)

This .mo file needs to be copied back to the box and to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES AND renamed AutoTimer.mo. The capital A and T are important and you should rename the existing file of the same name before copying the new file across.
For other languages the "locale/en" part of the path changes but it should be obvious where the file goes.

The menu text will be lost on the next update of Vix unless the above is repeated.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, perfect guide to follow, the only thing to add in the translation guide is (sorry if I have missed it somewhere):

From the box main menu
Plugins => Press Menu, enable "Show translation packages" and Save, Press Green (download plugins) -> extensions -> autotimer-po -> select yes to download

I think it's disable as default.
 
The above files relate to the translation of system files. However: you also have the option to translate (most of the) plugins. To do so go to the plugin browser and click on Green (download). Now you can browse through the list and see many files called xxxxx.po (where 'xxxx' stands for the name of the plugin. Select the one you would like to translate and click 'OK'.
Actually seem to be xxxx-po.
And this is what I get:

root@et8000:/media/hdd/GMLbits# opkg download enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer-po
Downloading http://openvixdev.dyndns.tv/feeds/o...utotimer-po_5.0+git6265+f23c117-r0_et8000.ipk.
Removing corrupt package file /var/cache/opkg/fd253248e6c62ea1ca5c978504263e07_enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer-po_5.0+git6265+f23c117-r0_et8000.ipk.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_cmd: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer-po.
Not sure why. Downloading the ipk file and unpacking it manually produces just what I'd expect.

Proceeding from there it all works fine. I mapped the texts to:
  • Restrict by bouquet (Services)
  • Restrict by day (Filters)
  • Restrict by service (Services)
 
Actually seem to be xxxx-po.
And this is what I get:

Not sure why.

I found that when attempting to download some .po files using telnet I first had to stop enigma with init4 and after the download re-start it with init3. If I didn't stop enigma I was getting multiple 'failed' messages.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top