Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin HD] Enigma2 crash on finishing a recording playback.

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,593
Reaction score
117
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
I've just remembered that I had an Enigma2 crash last week, so here is the crash log.

View attachment enigma2_crash_1419199344.log

What I remember happening is that I was watching a channel, then started to watch a previous recording. While this was running two new recordings started.
When I stopped the playback the box couldn't go back to the original channel it was on as there was no longer a free turner (the two recordings were on different, separate muxes).
So Enigma2 crashed and both of the recordings were interrupted.

PS: It seems to be an issue in the Automatic Volume Adjustment plug-in when there is no current service (as there is no actual current channel).
 
It's just happened again, so I've written a patch.

I need to check it works (it should be easy to replicate the context) then I'll post it here.
 
interesting as i could have 2 recordings on the go and view recordings and when finished return to blank screen with no tuners availabe but no crash:D
 
interesting as i could have 2 recordings on the go and view recordings and when finished return to blank screen with no tuners availabe but no crash:D
Do you have the Automatic Volume Adjustment plug-in installed? It's not installed by default - and is where the problem lies.
 
OK. The crash actually seems to occur if you try to change channel after you get the "No Free Tuner" message.
The patch fixes that.

The test situation was to watch on mux1 and set up two recordings to start soon on mux2 and mux3. Then start watching a recording. When both recordings have started up stop watching the recording. You get a "No free tuner" message (I have two DVB-T2 tuners). If you try to use the channel change button now you will get a crash.

This is the code to fix it.
View attachment AVA.zip

Can anyone here get it added? Or should I mail the address listed in the maintainer.info file?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top