Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Epg search text entry via remote only selects 'f'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dispatches
  • Start date Start date
D

Dispatches

Guest
Hi all. I have just moved from duo to solo 2 but started fresh with a new HD.

As in the title, if u search the epg any number button on the remote seems to put shift on and select 'f'. I can search still by using the arrow keys to type on the onscreen keyboard but this is obviously much slower.

Any ideas how to get the number keys working for text entry?

Cheers
 
Not sure how you do the search, but if I do it the virtual keyboard shows, and that works fine.

Yeah virtual keyboard appears and I can type by using the arrow keys on remote but I want to use the number keys on the remote to type, press 2 =a press 2 three times = c. That way is much faster and worked brilliant on Bix on my duo but on the solo any number key is producing a capital f! Very weird and annoying
 
I don't think you can omit the virtual keyboard when it appears. In some screens you can use the Text-button to switch between Text-style typing & VK.
 
I don't think you can omit the virtual keyboard when it appears. In some screens you can use the Text-button to switch between Text-style typing & VK.

Text button? I don't see that on my remote!

I was always able to do it on all vix builds on my duo, virtual keyboard on screen and text style typing using the number keys on my remote. Can't see why it shouldn't be the same on the solo?
 
Yeah, nothing different between the hardware in this respect. And AFAIK nothing has been changed in the software either.

The TeleText button.
 
Yeah, nothing different between the hardware in this respect. And AFAIK nothing has been changed in the software either.

The TeleText button.

Teletext button didn't do anything. Shame as it's so much slower using the on screen keyboard :-(
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top