nighteagleowl
Forum Supporter

- Joined
- Mar 27, 2025
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 2
- Points
- 3
In latest OpenVIX release (6.7.007) python was updated to 3.12 if I am not mistaken.
And as a result a lot of UTC related date-time routines are not supported anymore (see deprecated in https://docs.python.org/3/library/datetime.html#datetime.timedelta ) thus plugins like EPGExport dumps on lines like:
offset = datetime.fromtimestamp(ts) - datetime.utcfromtimestamp(ts)
because datetime.utcfromtimestamp(ts) has to be replaced with datetime.fromtimestamp(ts, tz=timezone.utc) and from datetime import timezone
...Or even better (though one need to check + or - for east/west of Greenwich, UTC):
offset = datetime.now().astimezone().utcoffset().total_seconds()
I tried to update EPGExport myself but can't find proper PLUGIN.PY for it. One on github is somewhat old and buggy and need more changes.
Could someone help please!? or maybe point me to proper py sources OpenVIX is using for EPGExport plugin.
I think other old plugins can face the same issue with UTC.
PS. I am not a developer really.
And as a result a lot of UTC related date-time routines are not supported anymore (see deprecated in https://docs.python.org/3/library/datetime.html#datetime.timedelta ) thus plugins like EPGExport dumps on lines like:
offset = datetime.fromtimestamp(ts) - datetime.utcfromtimestamp(ts)
because datetime.utcfromtimestamp(ts) has to be replaced with datetime.fromtimestamp(ts, tz=timezone.utc) and from datetime import timezone
...Or even better (though one need to check + or - for east/west of Greenwich, UTC):
offset = datetime.now().astimezone().utcoffset().total_seconds()
I tried to update EPGExport myself but can't find proper PLUGIN.PY for it. One on github is somewhat old and buggy and need more changes.
Could someone help please!? or maybe point me to proper py sources OpenVIX is using for EPGExport plugin.
I think other old plugins can face the same issue with UTC.
PS. I am not a developer really.
