Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] ETA of 5.4.000

AIUI development and testing has reached about 5.4.001.014 and presumably they will keep going until they're satisfied with it and then release it.
 
The dev branch (that was making progress with 5.4 a bit less obvious to someone going to the git repository to check up on progress) has been merged into master (is that the right terminology?).
This might indicate growing confidence in the 5.4 builds.
Anyhow it's more straightforward to follow progress via the 5.4 developer version numbers now.
Later: As of now they're up to 5.4.001.016.
 
Last edited:
The dev branch (that was making progress with 5.4 a bit less obvious to someone going to the git repository to check up on progress) has been merged into master (is that the right terminology?).
.... about a month ago by my reckoning?
 
No. Last night.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
I thought that yesterday OpenViX/vix-core had dev and master branches and the current progress was only evident in the ChangeLog in the dev branch, but now the dev branch has gone and it's all in the ChangeLog in the master branch.

Of course it could be early onset snail dementia.
 
Actually come to think of it, if what I thought happened did happen I think it wasn't what I think is called merging.
I think I either effectively imagined the whole thing or the old master branch was deleted and dev branch was renamed to master which, I think is not what a merge is.
But I really have as good as zero real github experience. :(
 
Hmm, nope I think something is blocked..

5.4.000 isn't just any version - it's a release version. Since then we're up to 5.4.001.024 - but those are all 'developer', so none of that above 000 should be expected to escape until the next 'release'

Definitely, "5.4.000 release" should be out by now?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top