S
slain
Guest
I've been having random lockups (no crashlogs created) running ViX 2.3 since release, and I've stuck with it to see if the issues are rectified with 2.4. Today I noticed the following whilst logged in via SSH:
# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 138272 116464 21808 0 656
-/+ buffers: 115808 22464
Swap: 0 0 0
That seems to suggest that there is 135MB of physical memory available to the system. The thing is, I was under the impression the Duo comes equipped with 384MB of RAM. As you can see from the -/+ buffers, there is very, very little free memory to play with, and that's very shortly after boot.
# uptime
12:34:14 up 56 min, load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.09
Without wanting to revert back to an older version to test, can anyone let me know if they see similar results to this when logged in via SSH/telnet? Do older ViX versions show this amount of memory on a Duo?
I'd expect the kernel to report the full amount of physical memory when running "free" on any UNIX platform, in this case something like 393216. If the developers can explain why the memory is reported in this way then that's fair enough, but I'm getting the impression the box is crashing due to the OOM killer before the kernel panics, hence no crashlogs.
Could it be an issue like the following reported MIPS kernel problem? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7526941/configuring-physical-memory-for-linux-kernel
# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 138272 116464 21808 0 656
-/+ buffers: 115808 22464
Swap: 0 0 0
That seems to suggest that there is 135MB of physical memory available to the system. The thing is, I was under the impression the Duo comes equipped with 384MB of RAM. As you can see from the -/+ buffers, there is very, very little free memory to play with, and that's very shortly after boot.
# uptime
12:34:14 up 56 min, load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.09
Without wanting to revert back to an older version to test, can anyone let me know if they see similar results to this when logged in via SSH/telnet? Do older ViX versions show this amount of memory on a Duo?
I'd expect the kernel to report the full amount of physical memory when running "free" on any UNIX platform, in this case something like 393216. If the developers can explain why the memory is reported in this way then that's fair enough, but I'm getting the impression the box is crashing due to the OOM killer before the kernel panics, hence no crashlogs.
Could it be an issue like the following reported MIPS kernel problem? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7526941/configuring-physical-memory-for-linux-kernel