Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] General config advice HDD, USB memory stick. Swapfile

  • Thread starter Thread starter lscolman
  • Start date Start date
L

lscolman

Guest
Hi,
I have the following setup:-

2Tb HDD (containing the picons and EPG)
USB memory stick (not used)

But wondered if there is any merit in using the swap file in Swap Manager?

Does anyone else use the swap file with a similar config, and more importantly do they find it of benefit?

Cheers, Lee
 
No need for swap file on Ultimo, more than enough memory on he box.
 
Hi,
I have the following setup:-

2Tb HDD (containing the picons and EPG)
USB memory stick (not used)

But wondered if there is any merit in using the swap file in Swap Manager?

Does anyone else use the swap file with a similar config, and more importantly do they find it of benefit?

Cheers, Lee

First of all you should take your picons off the hdd as thats the worst place to have them so either place them in internal flash or on your USB stick, I would also put the epg location as USB and just use the hdd for timeshift/ recordings etc
Also use the USB as a location for your full image backups so that if something goes wrong somewhere you have immediate access to your backups without having to access the internal hdd.
I do use a USB swapfile but generally its not needed for standard daily use.

By the way that TSU9600 is still running well :thumbsup:
 
Hi,

Good stuff. Same ID on avforums eh? Gotta love those TSU9600's.

I've moved the EPG to USB stick as advised.

When I select to download Picons from sgtflipflops plugin, it only allows me to select HDD or Internal Flash? Any ideas?

Cheers, Lee
 
Hi,

All done. Put the EPG and Picons on the USB stick. Seems much quicker to access and move around the EPG. I read that it's best not to use the internal flash for constant access.

Do you find any benefit in the swapfile? Stanman is saying there is more than enough memory on the ultimo?

Cheers, Lee
 
Nope as Stan says more than enough memory in the Ultimo
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top