Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Gigablue Quad HD Plus - Vix Recordings & Timeshift crashes.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrbelkair
  • Start date Start date
This must be very frustraing with users who use Gigablue. Is it safe to say that these receivers should be avoided?

As someone who uses the GB Quad+ as their daily main receiver I would not agree with this statement. The box is fast, super quiet (with an internal 1TB 2.5" drive and no fan) and pretty bulletproof as regards auto timer recordings. The only two issues I have are 1) - that crash when pressing STOP in permanent timeshift and 2) - the annoying "out of sync" sound track when I change (or try to change) from one audio stream to another. I firmly believe that all of my issues with this receiver have been down to the driver code. I think it's due to the way the DVB video/audio synchronisation have been implemented in the low-level drivers. The box has always woken from deep sleep to record and the general audio/video playback has been exemplary.
 
The issue was introduced in oe-alliance branch 3.0 and has been reported to GB. Openmips and Openatv don't have the issue due to their timeshit being different to ours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
As someone who uses the GB Quad+ as their daily main receiver I would not agree with this statement.
I also think the box is super! Overall, I've very impressed with the box and OpenVix running on it.
The timeshift issue is just very annoying.
I hadn't realised that hitting PAUSE before STOP was a workaround. I tried last night and I couldn't get the box to crash.

The issue was introduced in oe-alliance branch 3.0 and has been reported to GB. Openmips and Openatv don't have the issue due to their timeshit being different to ours.
Interesting about Openmips and Openatv. I tried Openmips about a year ago and it had the same crash when pressing STOP while in timeshift
 
I've figured out a workaround for this timeshift crash:
Download the source here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/...0282c70aec/lib/python/Components/Timeshift.py
Comment out line 371 in function ''stopTimeshiftcheckTimeshiftRunningCallback:
Code:
self.ptsSetNextPlaybackFile("")

Copy the file /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/
Restart the UI

That's it. You can delete the Python source afterwards if you wish.
 
Ditto - have tested it a lot over the past couple of days. Was committed yesterday (5th), so we should see it soon!
 
Thanks for testing fat-tony
It's great to finally have this issue fixed. It was really pi**ing me off so I decided to look at the source to see if I could figure out what was causing it.
 
The Quad Plus is still a bit "flaky" with regard to timeshift navigation (ie jumping backwards and forwards within the timeshift buffer etc.) but at least it doesn't crash anymore.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top