Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Gigablue UHD QUAD 4k - updating from 5.1.025

leejran

New member
Joined
Jan 9, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
1
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
5.1.025
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
NO
Hi all,

new here so please be gentle.

i have recently dusted off an oldish Gigablue UHD QUAD 4k (2018) which i used to use as the main system but moved away from for a few years so the unit has been mothballed. I'm ideally looking to reinstall this in the main house system and update to the newest version of Openvix ideally, however it seems i may have missed a window to do this easily given the 6.. onward image versions are now not easily flashed via usb due to file size issues and of course this old version doesn't support updating via image manager via the remote.

I have done a trawl of the forum and can see the workaround being accessing the rescue function via URL web interface and flashing the new software from a file on the pc, and have followed the steps to do this. Unfortunately when i access openwebif via the ip address found via the front display panel on reboot, there seems to be no functionality to flash a new file. All i can see is the menu containing 'main', 'remote', 'extras' and 'epg search' which are functionality related only, with links at the base of the screen to access the various linked websites.

scratching my head as to the way forward from here and would appreciate any support.

many thanks
 
I'm not sure if you are having an issue seeing your posts, but you have started three threads on this. I have deleted the two earlier ones. I'm not familiar with the 4K Quad, so I will leave it to other more familiar with the box to respond.
 

 
Last edited:
second image is also link
 
Two separate issues:

1. Recovery file.
You do that while in your current image.

2. Flashing image.
Have you tried sending the latest image file by FTP to receiver and then flashing it using image manager?
 
Hi all,

new here so please be gentle.

i have recently dusted off an oldish Gigablue UHD QUAD 4k (2018) which i used to use as the main system but moved away from for a few years so the unit has been mothballed. I'm ideally looking to reinstall this in the main house system and update to the newest version of Openvix ideally, however it seems i may have missed a window to do this easily given the 6.. onward image versions are now not easily flashed via usb due to file size issues and of course this old version doesn't support updating via image manager via the remote.

I have done a trawl of the forum and can see the workaround being accessing the rescue function via URL web interface and flashing the new software from a file on the pc, and have followed the steps to do this. Unfortunately when i access openwebif via the ip address found via the front display panel on reboot, there seems to be no functionality to flash a new file. All i can see is the menu containing 'main', 'remote', 'extras' and 'epg search' which are functionality related only, with links at the base of the screen to access the various linked websites.

scratching my head as to the way forward from here and would appreciate any support.

many thanks
I am assuming you really have a gbuhd4k receiver and not an older box.
I have had a gbuhd4k since first shipment in May 2017 and always online flashed the box.
If you update the bootloader you should be able to flash using the new recovery system OR do as suggested and copy a downloaded image zip to /media/hdd/imagebackups and flash the box with imagemanager. Nowaday you can copy to hdd and it will find it but your box precedes this code
I would try flashing with imagemanager first.
 
I am assuming you really have a gbuhd4k receiver and not an older box.
I have had a gbuhd4k since first shipment in May 2017 and always online flashed the box.
If you update the bootloader you should be able to flash using the new recovery system OR do as suggested and copy a downloaded image zip to /media/hdd/imagebackups and flash the box with imagemanager. Nowaday you can copy to hdd and it will find it but your box precedes this code
I would try flashing with imagemanager first.
Thanks, so the 1st step is update the bootloader by the sounds? Yes it's a 2018 uhd 4k.
 
Updating bootloader would be nice to do - but flashing would be my priority.
 
managed to get the latest image loaded via FTP, many thanks for all the replies.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top