Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K & USB Bluetooth dongle

satellino

New member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
Hi guys,
I have the a GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K box and I just purchased an unbranded USB Bluetooth dongle the has the Broadcom BCM20702 chipset.
Please is there anyone that can guide me on how to install it properly?
I am using the Openvix 6.1.004 image.
Thanks
 
Hello!
Someone in another forum instructed me to do this:

via Telnet or Open WebIF Terminal:
Code
opkg update
opkg install bluetoothsetup-gb7252
reboot
After restarting: -> Menu -> Settings -> Operation & Interface -> Bluetooth Setup

- Search with blue and then depending on the audio device 1. or 2.
- then connect with green
 
However it's seems that the above works only for OPENATV 6.4, but not on OpenVIX 6.1.
In fact, as you may see from the attached screenshot, there is a problem with the command "opkg install bluetoothsetup-gb7252".

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 22.11.46.webp
 
Please is anyone who can kindly help to install the Bluetooth dongle drivers on Openvix?
I've no idea how to do fix it.
Thanks in advance :-)
 
I did have a search according to 5.2 git log https://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/5.2/oe-git.log



[GigaBlue|gb7252] update drivers - Improved zap speed if using DVB-CI - Fixed Misc in DVB-CI - Fixed Misc in OSD
[GigaBlue|gb7252] update bluetoothsetup.inc
[GigaBlue|gb7252] update chromium - Fixed Misc in HID
[GigaBlue|gb7252] update bluetooth - add missed update for bluetoothsetup
[GigaBlue|gb7252] update bluetooth - Fixed AutoAudioConnect in A2DP - Added HID - Added BLE RCU

so not sure what has happened perhaps not updated to python 3
 
Thanks Urie! I appreciate that.
Yeah it's a kind of weird issue.

I do not want to mess up with my clean and perfectly working image.
So please, is there any developer who can tell me if installing the following plug-in (from drivers) extrahw-bluetooth (1.0-r0) will make the Broadcom BCM20702 dongle working?
Thanks :-)
 
Take an image backup before you start, you can then try anything you like out, and re-flash back to before if it doesn't work.

Your GB already has some bluetooth features built in ... "2 x Audio PiP over BT (Bluetooth)"
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top