Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Glitched EPG

SkyFan

New member
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Every day in the Sky EPG I see at least 1 programme that isn't actually on yet it still appears in the EPG. Quite often there are several shows per days that have this glitch.

For example, On BT Sport 2, the EPG says UFC Fight Flashback is on 13th August at 3.30AM. However select the "Rand University" programme to the left of that and Rand University says it's on from 3AM-4AM. The Rand University programme is correct, you know that because when you select the UFC programme then the Rand progamme will have it's text change to yellow. Screenshot is here: http://imgur.com/a/NVKzk

This problem was also in previous images. Can this be fixed please?
 
I suspect the problem is more likely your source.

Do you use multisat or just Sky 28.2 and/or Virgin?

If you use Sky 28.2 and/or Virgin then what is your EPG source? The most reliable, although none are ever perfect, are openTV for Sky 28.2 and for Virgin, reading their EPG data stored on same frequency as channel 100 (I believe but i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong).
 
I don't know what multisat is.

I use the following which populates EPG data for Sky channels and freesat channels and is downloaded everyday at 5AM: Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2)
 
That is the most reliable as it's the same epg data source that sky/freesat use.

Looking at official sky tv guide website, I see for BT Sports 2 for around that time the line-up is as follows:-

Code:
12.00-03.30 Live MLB: Rays @ Yankees
03.30-04.00 UFC Fight Flashback
04.00-05.00 ADAC GT Masters Highlights

As you can see that again differs to that shown on EPG (I get same as you). Another programme is showing.

If you know someone with an official sky box, you could ask them to check their EPG for BT Sports 2 for around this time-line and see what shows up on theirs.
 
Last edited:
Looks like I made an error. I was on 1 page of the EPG and didn't look on the previous page. Doesn't really matter. You get my point. Stuff like the below happens every day. The bolded items are real programmes. Everything else isn't on at all and are glitched EPG data. You never miss shows with this glitch as the real show is always shown before the other shows but it's very annoying. Is there a reason why this can't be fixed?


12.00-03.30 Live MLB: Rays @ Yankees

02.00 - 02.30 GC32 Racing Tour Sailing
02.30 - 03.00 Gillete World Sport
03.00 - 04.00 Rand University
03.30 - 04.00 UFC Fight Flashback


I have an official Sky box and as you would expect you don't get this glitch on it and the times I reported above are correct.
 
I haven't had it for a while but I was getting quite frequent glitches in the dog like you describe. If I scrolled through them on the dog it would crash and reboot the box. I found the way to fix it was to defragment the database, download the bouquets again then reliable the epg. Bit of a pain but it worked for me. As I say it hasn't happened to me for a few weeks now though so not sure if it's the same problem that you have.
 
The problem I mentioned has happened from day 1 on a new image so I don't think defragmenting will fix anything.
 
The problem I mentioned has happened from day 1 on a new image so I don't think defragmenting will fix anything.
Depends if you store your epg.dat on media other than your box (as is recommended). I store my epg.dat on my hdd so therefore regardless of a new flash, the epg.dat would still survive as it's stored on my HDD.

I'm not saying that is the problem but it's worth a try.

I would recommend just putting box to sleep with telnet command "init 4" and then finding all traces of epg.dat and deleting them and use telnet command "init 6" to wake box back up. It is important to put box to sleep first to ensure you flush any traces of epg from box memory.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top