Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Glitching/freezing when transcoding

  • Thread starter Thread starter bokkie
  • Start date Start date
B

bokkie

Guest
Hello all. I have a Solo2 with a Usb cable tuner istalled, but have been having problems transcoding for a while now.
When I try transcode the channel opens onmy mobile devices, but freezes/glitches every few seconds.
I have tried a reflash and tried changing transcode settings, but nothing works. Any ideas what it could be?
Thanks
 
Maybe your upload speed of your broadband is not fast enough..
 
Well all broadcast channels on cable are mpeg2 where as your stream will almost defiantly be some sort of mpeg4 and given that the solo2 is only software transcoding as well as bussing the stuff in over USB that is a lot of horsepower being required, you should try and lower the quality to as low as possible but you still maybe flogging a dead horse.
P.s. As macquiam said the upload of your stream could be strangling the upload to your home card server...
 
I have had my solo2 for a year and a half and have been transcoding without trouble for all that time. I use it a lot so I know it works.
I have 3 MB upload speed and I have lowered the quality to 400 mb in the transcoding settings, where I had it around 800 mb before and it was working fine.
I have also tried it on my satellite feeds as well with the same problems, which means it isn't due to the USB tuner.
It really doesn't make any sense.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top