Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Going to flash 2.3 - USALS position setting after install?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slain
  • Start date Start date
S

slain

Guest
Hi guys,

I'm currently running ViX successfully with the following configuration:

ViX Duo Image 2.2
Tuner A: USALS Motorised 1m disk
Tuner B: Static Sky Minidish at 28.8e

Once I've installed the new image and lost all of my settings, what will I need to do to get everything back set with regard to USALS? For example, does the motor itself know it's own position? Or does it only know to turn +5.0 degrees or -2.2 degrees ie. absolute or relative position?

If I just need to input my locations Long/Lat and set the tuner to "Positioner", that'd be easier than I expected. :)
 
as far as your motor set up goes, once the new image is installed, you simply input the same settings, as they were on the old image, so what i would do, is write down your current USAL setting, and use it on the new image

if you get stuck, we are here to assist you
 
thats all i have ever done when installing new image as still a newbie when comes to all this, noticed your running same setup as me but ive always been told to have the tuners the other way around B being motorized and A the fixed dish, can anyone say which way round is the best ?
 
but ive always been told to have the tuners the other way around B being motorized and A the fixed dish, can anyone say which way round is the best ?
Who "always" told you so? It makes no difference, Enigma is smart enough to understand settings. Provided the "preferred tuner" is set to "Auto", as the default is.
 
had advice form here and also other sites advising that it is set up A for fixed and B for motorized, but if it make no difference thats fine :thumbsup:

just for info here is the advice i was given

Hey Trev.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for supporting us by going to the sponser

First off, I'd recommend using Tuner A as the fixed sky dish, and Tuner B as the motorised... This way, as a standard, Tuner A will always be used whenver you use 28.2, leaving B free to use any other satellite. If you have Tuner A as the motorised, and want to record 28.2, then the motor will be used for 28.2, meaning you won't be able to use any of the other Satellites until recording has finisehd...

the above is a copy from thiss ite when i first got my Duo, but i also read it on various other sites when looking for info..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
had advice form here and also other sites advising that it is set up A for fixed and B for motorized, but if it make no difference thats fine :thumbsup:
Would be interesting to know why people "invent" these kind of advise. It only shows they have absolutely no idea how the logic in the box works.
 
Yeah, before I saw the first reply to this thread I made a note of the settings and just replicated the setup, it went without a hitch. :) As for the order of the tuners, I'd been told the same thing. I was going to set them up with the minidish on tuner A and motorised on tuner B as advised and found tuner B wouldn't power the motor for some reason. It just simply wouldn't work, so I switched back. As has been said in this thread, I've never noticed any difference what so ever.

All 28.2e usage goes through B by default completely automatically, with 28.2e stuff going through tuner A only when something is being recorded on tuner B. Works a treat!

Only thing I need to sort now is the fact that when stretching my OSD (never had to do that before), I seem to hit a "limit" when correctly positioning to the left and then stretching toward the right. I end up with a gap on the right even though there is still room to stretch out on the "Move left/right" bar. Seems to be a bug, but I guess that is for another thread! :)
 
I was one of those, that surgested Tuner A as defualt for static dish, Tuner B for motorized, which later, became the opposite,
( et9000 ) due to the 30000 symbol rate, this was in the early days, as at that time, I was myself, getting used to dual tuners

as far as the 9000 goes, tuner A would be the one to concider, as to if it should be fixed or motorized, dependant on if its required for the 30000 symbol rate or not, and think the common advice, from most peeps in the past, would be for the same reason,s

since then, users have more understanding of the units, and have modified there advice accordingly, so some "newbies" are running on embedded advice, given at a time of limited understanding, where as newer "newbies" are benifiting from more up to date advice

hope this clears things up a bit, regarding tuner advice
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top