Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] has the epg time been fixed in 2.4

  • Thread starter Thread starter edogg
  • Start date Start date
E

edogg

Guest
Hi I posted on the 26/05 about the epg advancing to the next event when there was still 30mins left on the current event has this been looked into yet. On the 2.4 backups do not work the only way to restore a backup is to reflash the image and restore the backup with the restore settings wizard
 
Hi I posted on the 26/05 about the epg advancing to the next event when there was still 30mins left on the current event has this been looked into yet.

has this been cured yet as too why the cursor moves to the next event before the current event has less than 30 minutes left
 
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Which EPG are you referring to? Now/Next/Eventview/Multi-EPG/Graphical EPG?
Maybe a screenshot will tell us more.
 
He means in the Graphical EPG. If you scroll down from channel 1 to channel 2 and the current event on channel 2 has less than 30 minutes remaining, it will jump to the event after the current event. For 30 minute programs it's annoying.
 
I'll check when I get home from work mate and let you know.

Cheers
 
Spot on 15 minutes today. I've had it at 30, but perhaps it's stopped / changed. I can't see any settings for it.
 
Yep, I got the same thing..........for example, say its 7.40pm and Coronation Street (not that I watch it) starts at 7.30. My EPG will take me straight to the 8.00pm programme instead of highlighting coronation street.

That sounds as clear as mud !!! lol.........Hopefully someone will understand !!!

Thanks
 
I would have to flash back to the 2.4 image but I am sure the graphical epg highlights the next event when there is still 30 mins of the current event left the highlight jumps to the next event when scrolling down the channel list and you have to press the left button to go back to the current event it makes setting a timer difficult because you have to constantly change where the cursor is highlighting . this does not happen in any other image of vix that I have tried
 
I have this same problem. I'm on the Vu+ Uno with ViX 2.4.. I've never experienced this in previous images, I also don't re-call this issue when i 1st flashed 2.4.. Hope it gets fixed as others have stated it is annoying when it jumps forward and highlights programmes that haven't started yet as you move up and down the EPG.
 
OK so it looks like it is an annoying problem that if you want too use 2.4 you have to put up with a non functioning graphical epg . That is what I feel about an epg that refuses to highlight the program that is actually being shown at the present time as once it has been on for 30 mins the highlight jumps to the next progam time even on a long 1.5 hour long program
 
Annoying yes, but I'm sure there's bigger bugs for the Dev team to worry about. They might not even consider it a bug and as a feature, entirely possible if it's meant to do that.

Hopefully at some point in the future it will either be resolved or configurable (specify the time remaining on the current program would keep everyone happy). For now its nowhere near enough to stop me using ViX.
 
OK so it looks like it is an annoying problem that if you want too use 2.4 you have to put up with a non functioning graphical epg . That is what I feel about an epg that refuses to highlight the program that is actually being shown at the present time as once it has been on for 30 mins the highlight jumps to the next progam time even on a long 1.5 hour long program

Hardly non functioning - how hard is it for you to press the left cursor key while in epg or even easier bring up the channel list if you want to know whats on right now.
And quite frankly if thats all you have to complain about with a free OS you should think yourself lucky.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top