Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Help needed on best use of three tuners.

ivaninch

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hi All

I have 2 dishes, 1 fixed s!y dish and a motorised.
I have 2 wires from each dish.
I have and old s!y box that supplies free view TV to the bedroom via RF & magic eye. this currently uses up one of the lines from the fixed dish.

leaving me 2 x motorised and one fixed line to use with the ultimo.

The motorised dish will only be needed once or twice a week, most recording and watching will be from 28.2

I am not sure of the best way to wire this up.

Loop-through? can this be used to supply one of the tuners on the ultimo or even the s!y box? And will it offer faster switching?

what configuration will give me the most simultaneous 28.2's on the ultimo? But still having free view in the bedroom via the s!y box?

I am trying to avoid running another line from the fixed dish which has a quad LMB.

Thanks for any suggestions.
 
one of the feed from the fixed to the to the sly box and than 1 fixed to the Ultimo along with the two motors or is that too simple and I have overlooked somthing:confused:
 
Thanks.

I saw in another post, that I can't find now, some mention of a loop being used to give fast switching when already recording on 28.2 but I am not sure how to set that up and if I understood it right.

I am thinking that my ideal setup would be 2 feeds from the static dish and one motorised and wondered if this is where a loop would help. Otherwise I may need to have another feed from the static dish.
 
Last edited:
Thanks.

I saw in another post, that I can't find now, some mention of a loop being used to give fast switching when already recording on 28.2 but I am not sure how to set that up and if I understood it right.

I am thinking that my ideal setup would be 2 feeds from the static dish and one motorised and wondered if this is where a loop would help. Otherwise I may need to have another feed from the static dish.

I think you mean loopthrough ? if thats the case, it would offer no practical benefits over having dedicated feeds for each tuner card.
 
I am thinking that my ideal setup would be 2 feeds from the static dish and one motorised and wondered if this is where a loop would help. Otherwise I may need to have another feed from the static dish.
You've got a quad on the Sky dish so your ideal would be, 1 to the Sky receiver, 1 to tuner A, 1 to tuner B, and tuner C would be a hybrid of the motorised dish and the 28E fixed dish via a DiSEqC switch. That would give you fast access to 28E on all tuners, and each tuner would be independant of the others.
 
You've got a quad on the Sky dish so your ideal would be, 1 to the Sky receiver, 1 to tuner A, 1 to tuner B, and tuner C would be a hybrid of the motorised dish and the 28E fixed dish via a DiSEqC switch. That would give you fast access to 28E on all tuners, and each tuner would be independant of the others.

Thanks

Thats just sounds like what I am after

any instructions on "would be a hybrid of the motorised dish and the 28E fixed dish via a DiSEqC switch"

Sorry, I am a total novice!

Thanks
 
Tuner C. Cable to where the dishes are. Cable goes into the common port of the DiSEqC 1.0 switch. Port 1 of the switch goes to the LNB on the Sky dish and port 2 goes to the motor. Tuner setup is "advanced". LNB 1 (28E) = DiSEqC 1.0, committed = AA. LNB 2(all other sats) = DiSEqC 1.2, USALS, committed AB. Enter your co-ordinates and you're good to go.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top