Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

How long does it take to create a 96 Mb swap file?

canthackit

V.I.P ,
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
872
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
80
'cos it's taking a bloody eternity on my machine trying to install the 96Mb version on my 4Gb pen, it got to 25 mins and i gave up :(

i cant go that long without channel hopping :eek:

regards: canthackit
 
I found mines would take a long time...However i hadnt formatted the memeory stick in the Duo.

After formatting the memory stick in the DUO the creation of the swap file was within 10seconds.

Try a format and give it another whirl.
 
My old unbranded 4gb took 45min my new Corsair 16gb took less than 20 seconds
 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

that means i'm gonna lose all my stuff.

UPDATE:

while i've been on here asking the question and browsing the forum i'd started the process again just gone into the living room and swap file completed bloody 40 mins, still it's done now though ;)

regards: canthackit
 
Last edited:
blimey your posting before i can enter my reply :D

see thats' the thing the other day i'm not sure if it was poo or silverfox recommended using a 96 Mb hence the reason i've gone for that.

sorry guy's if it was neither of you.......it was someone though:D
regards: canthackit
 
On a no-name 256MB stick, it took about an hour to create a 96MB file, and on a new Verbatim 4GB, the same process took about 35 minutes. Both sticks were formatted with FAT32, using a PC.
 
I have this guy and it's very fast.
unnamed.webp
Tried another 8gb corsair and it was as good.
survivortag.webp
I tried so many unbranded ones and they were all shite
 
It's much better to create a swap file on an ext2/ext3 partition...

Personally, I use a swap partition :p Plus, I've got a 395mb partition for it :p Don't wanna be caught out with no swap, and on a 32gb penstick, it's not much space to loose :p
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top