Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] I Was Wondering If NIC Adapter Teaming Or Bonding Is Possible With The VIX Image???

pac2000

New member
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I Was Wondering If NIC Adapter Teaming Or Bonding Is Possible With The VIX Image???

Is It Built In, And Just A Matter Of Configuring??? Or Maybe A Plugin???

The Reason I Ask, Is Because I Want A Bit More Thoughput From My Duo's Networking Capability... I've Gathered I Can Use A USB To Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, But I've Been Informed By Trial That Even A Quad Only Gets 20MB/s Thoughput... So I Assume The Duo's Would Be Lower... But I Want To Combine The Built In NIC Adapter And The USB Gigabit Ethernet Adapter... As They Both Are Critical Devices, The Drivers For Both Are Included In The Linux Kernel... Can They Be Teamed Or Bonded To Act As One Adapter, Increasing Throughput On The VIX Image???
 
The limitation in the USB adapter comes from the SoC; that tiny thingy has to do a lot of work for throughputting data.
As data traffic via the NiC ia also processed by the SoC, I very much doubt if anything can be gained.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top