Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-2T] Important - TM-2T users please read! Check fan settings to ensure fan is running!

Sicilian

The Boss
Staff member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
29,869
Reaction score
328
Points
83
Website
www.world-of-satellite.com
Please can all TM-2T users check that their fans are switched on and running. We've just found a small bug in ViX that may possibly be in 4D image also. The fan as default is off. We advise that in normal running that the fan is set to on.

Menu > Setup > System > Temperature and Fan Control. Using left and right buttons turn your fan on to approx 500RPM (or higher).

Standby can remain off.
 
I think this issue is also on the TM-Single as well

I have had to turn mine on after flashing with image 569 - havent tried any later images
 
Ok so I have turned the fan onto full speed and it doesnt want to work. It worked once but hasnt since and now my box is running at 62 degrees celsius, which cant be good. Any ideas what else I can try anyone? I am running the latest Vix image.
 
You haven't opened the box for to fit a HDD by any chance? If so double check it is still connected. It is easy to forget.
 
I think its working again, I took the lid off to double check I had plugged the fan back in which I did, im thinking the hdd cable was maybe preventing it from spinning, anyway its working for now, see if it continues to :) what is an average temperature for these boxes? Ive got the fan set at 1000rpm (double the recommended) and its slowly crept up to almost 50 degrees, that a normal temperature?
 
50 degrees + seems pretty normal on my box. I wouldn't worry about it.
 
If you check the picture in the TM Single thread, I experimented a few configurations and opted for the one with the cable next to the card reader. This avoids the cable going under the fan.

If your HDD is constantly on for Permanent Time Shift or writing debug logs, heat will be generated. I use a USB flash drive. My temp is 47 on a tm twin with fan rpm at 1300
 
If you check the picture in the TM Single thread, I experimented a few configurations and opted for the one with the cable next to the card reader. This avoids the cable going under the fan.

If your HDD is constantly on for Permanent Time Shift or writing debug logs, heat will be generated. I use a USB flash drive. My temp is 47 on a tm twin with fan rpm at 1300

Don't think my TM2T has ever been under 50, thanks for the cable tip, will try it out.
Currently at 56.
grab2.webp
 
thanks for the info!

I'm gonna ask a noob question - is it wise to keep it at full speed? It won't damage anything will it? I keep it in a closed unit, so I don't want it to overheat but I don't know if keeping the fan at full speed will ruin anything long term or will it just use for power to run?

Thanks
 
tm fans are inherantly noisy, i have had 150 tm nano's and 95% just end up getting on your nerves. talked directly with technomate service support and was told from the horses mouth to disable the fan, ha ha jokers. lets see what happens when these boxes start bouncing back...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top