Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Info button and dual tuner help

mitchelln

New member
Joined
Aug 16, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.

Just got my Due 4K SE runninmg OpenVix. Loving how customisable it is.

First a really dumb question. The GUI refers to an Info button in various places. However, the remote doesn't seem to have one? What button can I use for this?

Secondly. is it possible to run both satellite and DVB-T2 tuners at the same time and distinguish them in the EPG? There are a few channels on Freeview that are not on FreeSat that I'd like to view. Also, sometime in my location if it's raining really hard I lose FreeSat signal, so I would like to easily access FreeView when it happens.

Finally (sorry), is there a way to map satellite Channel 4 HD into the EPG at the C4 location? I believe the channel is accessible, but not available in the FreeSat EPG after their spat with Channel 4.

Thanks!
 
I use the 'help' button as an info button. You can change it in Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup.
If you scan Sky FTA rather than Freesat it will give you Ch4 HD.
If you also scan for Freeview it should create a separate Freeview bouquet, accessible by pressing the down button (under OK) and then the blue button. (or the TV button if the remote has one).
 
I use the 'help' button as an info button. You can change it in Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup.
If you scan Sky FTA rather than Freesat it will give you Ch4 HD.
If you also scan for Freeview it should create a separate Freeview bouquet, accessible by pressing the down button (under OK) and then the blue button. (or the TV button if the remote has one).

That's great. Thanks very much. I try those suggestions!

Any recommendations for useful plugins?
 
Weirdly, it won't seem to let me re-assigning the Teletext button for anything. I tried using that for "show event details", but it stubbornly only seems to want to do teletext, which is a completely redundant feature these days. I tried clearing the mapping, but it still only does teletext.
 
My Vu+ remotes are in the loft. I will get one later and have a go. I use One4All remotes on all my boxes.

2021-08-19_135834.webp
 
Try the epg button when info is an option, that's all I use.
 
You're right, it appears to map event info to the teletext button but it still opens teletext when you exit.
That's probably why I used the help button.

Mine is mapped to the epg translator plugin anyway. If I want event info I just press OK twice.
 
You're right, it appears to map event info to the teletext button but it still opens teletext when you exit.
That's probably why I used the help button.

Mine is mapped to the epg translator plugin anyway. If I want event info I just press OK twice.

Oh, pressing OK twice produces a perfect result. Thanks for the tip!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top