Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

  • Thread starter Thread starter RogerTheTodger
  • Start date Start date
Can not see how iptv talk will be band as forum sponsor sells iptv boxes and people need help with those

If you are lucky enough to get a good iptv supplier you will find more help from them then asking for help on a satellite forum. Just because WOS sells iptv ready box’s does not mean the forum they sponsor are obliged to help you with your iptv problems.
 
Already tried supplier, and although my box is supported, this seems to be a well known issue with Enigma2 boxes, not a lot the supplier can do about it other than to suggest trying another box. I've considered buying a MagBox, but as I said earlier, it would be a shame to bin the ET8000 as it otherwise functions perfectly. I'm only asking here because it would appear to be a glitch with the code, for which somebody has apparently found a fix, see my earlier post.
 
I've never got IPTV to timeshift but recording works well most of the time.
All to down to how stable the stream is ,only needs a lengthy freeze for it to corrupt the recording.
 
Sorry to resurrect this thread but having used IPTV for a while now these are my observations; With a good stream there is absolutely no problems and never any freezing. Free streams that end with .ts always freeze after 1 or 2 minutes. They will also freeze using VLC player on laptop unless you click the 'loop' button. So openvix needs something like this to automatically reselect the stream if it freezes.

Streams will also freeze if there is a glitch in the original stream i.e if streaming and old recording from vhs tape where the signal might break up. So openvix needs to detect when stream is lost and simply reconnect the same as when you quickly change channels and go back and the stream starts again instantly. Would this be possible?

I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect this thread but having used IPTV for a while now these are my observations; With a good stream there is absolutely no problems and never any freezing. Free streams that end with .ts always freeze after 1 or 2 minutes. They will also freeze using VLC player on laptop unless you click the 'loop' button. So openvix needs something like this to automatically reselect the stream if it freezes.

Streams will also freeze if there is a glitch in the original stream i.e if streaming and old recording from vhs tape where the signal might break up. So openvix needs to detect when stream is lost and simply reconnect the same as when you quickly change channels and go back and the stream starts again instantly. Would this be possible?

I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.


Mine always freezes but might take a couple of hours or 10 mins. Do you know if there is any box that will reconnect after the stream is loss without having to change channels. Mag, Dreamlink etc?
 
Mine always freezes but might take a couple of hours or 10 mins. Do you know if there is any box that will reconnect after the stream is loss without having to change channels. Mag, Dreamlink etc?

No sorry I don't. But the strange thing is when I had an IPTV sub for a short while there was no freezing (that needed a quick channel change) and that was using .ts streams!
 
I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.

You can in many cases change the stream type yourself. When downloading channel lists from a XC server, change the output=ts to output=m3u8

The streams may not play with the standard (type 1) player but should be OK with the GST (Type 4097) or EXT-3 Eplayer (Type 5002)
 
You can in many cases change the stream type yourself. When downloading channel lists from a XC server, change the output=ts to output=m3u8

The streams may not play with the standard (type 1) player but should be OK with the GST (Type 4097) or EXT-3 Eplayer (Type 5002)

Thank you but I have tried changing to both type 1 & type 4097 and it doesn't make any difference to the freezing. 4097 is good for recording and type 1 is good for using stream in picture-in-picture.
Will maybe give 5002 a go and see if that helps.
 
Thank you but I have tried changing to both type 1 & type 4097 and it doesn't make any difference to the freezing. 4097 is good for recording and type 1 is good for using stream in picture-in-picture.
Will maybe give 5002 a go and see if that helps.

It's unlikely that changing stream type will make any difference to freezing, I understand that you can add some buffering to type 4097 but no idea if it can work.

I was telling you how to change from .ts to .m3u8 as you seemed to think that had less freezing
 
Freezing is in my limited experience down to the providers‘ servers, blocking and the fact that E2 receivers are not built for IPTV stream recovery.... expecting anything else from an E2 receiver is being over optimistic.
There are other devices that will handle IPTV better ....... but still depend on the providers servers delivering consistent streams.
 
It's unlikely that changing stream type will make any difference to freezing, I understand that you can add some buffering to type 4097 but no idea if it can work.

I was telling you how to change from .ts to .m3u8 as you seemed to think that had less freezing

I'm pretty sure I've tried changing the .ts at the end of the url to m3u8 but then the stream does not work?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top