Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Issue with recordings

  • Thread starter Thread starter sebhki
  • Start date Start date
S

sebhki

Guest
Hi,

I've been recently experiencing the following problem :
- When I record a program (SD is impacted, HD is even more impacted) on Hard disk, and at the same time watch it (similar to time shift, but from Hard disk), the recording is heavily disrupted ( sounds stops, image jumps, missing couple of seconds every ten seconds or so in HD, every 30 seconds/minute in SD).

It didnt use to do it until very recently. I'm thinking it could be related to HDD being "full" ( 44% available though :o ).

If I record 3 programs in HD simultaneously (without playing any of them), they are good quality.
Recording quality starts to be affected the as soon as I start playing one of them while still recording.
Playing an program recorded some other day doesnt seem to affect the quality of a recording

I had a VU+ duo until recently with this disk, and changed for an Ultimo a month or so ago, moving the HDD into the new box.

Any other people experiencing this ?
Any idea how to get around that ?
 
I have been using a Ultimo for over a year now and never had such a experience with recordings or picture quality, My ultimo is primarily used for recordings to watch later, but in the evenings we do watch live TV while several channels are recording, or watch recordings while all 3 tuners are recording etc.

What exact image and build are you using etc ??.
 
as your on a image earlier than 519 you must reflash the box, rather than using the online update feature. once you flash any image newer than build 519 you can again use the online update feature again.
 
Flash to 557 done, issue remain the same.
Start recording. wait 30 sec
Start playback old program. wait 30 sec
Stop, start playback of program being recorded : fine for the 1st minute, then impacted ....

could it be HDD dying (Caviar green 2TB) ?
 
Replay the part of the recording that was troublesome: if the same issue is at the same time, it's a problem with the recording. If it happens at random times, it's an issue with playback.
 
it's an issue with the recording, but only if I play the video while it's being recorded
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top