Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Latest OpenVix Zeus keeps crashing constantly & randomly

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeroN
  • Start date Start date
T

TeroN

Guest
Hi all,

I updated to Zeus today, openvix-Zeus.003-20140314_145705.
Now I'm getting constant crashes in random situations, and I''m completely clueless as to how this could be fixed.

I have tried changing the epg.dat onto USB drive instead of HDD, but that maybe even made it worse, not better that's for sure.
After I deleted the epg.dat completely the box is now staying stable for some time. Epg.dat is 64 megabytes, is that a lot?
Should I keep the EPG on HDD instead of USB?

In all my crashlogs I see "Cannot allocate memory", and then some random python code going wrong most likely because of the memory issue.
I attached all crash logs I have.

Anyone else getting this sort of crashing?
Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

Yes, fresh install, no backups restored after flashing. Only few GUI settings tweaked, tuner setup done, service autosearch done, set up some bouquets, added few auto timers, set crossepg to download Rytec Finland only. It just suddenly started crashing, don't know why, but I'm hoping someone could be kind enough to take a look at the attached logs :)
 
Oh and as said before, moved EPG.DAT to usb, hoping that would help make the device more responsive. Didn't help.. if anything it went for worse. Right now the Ultimo is usable again, no idea how or why, but I'm just waiting for it to start crashing again.
 
Thanks for reporting and the logs.

You can keep the epg on USB or Hard disk drive.
 
Last edited:
Hmmm, the crashlog are all about different issues. I can't make head or tail of it.

The only thing I can say about the setup you made is that Cross isn't good for Finland. Cross is good for Open-TV (i.e. Sky-UK/IT), but not for imports. So my suggestion is to use the XMLTV-importer instead.
Not sure if that helps, far from it, but it is worth a try.
 
I did some more thinking, and remembered that the Ultimo started feeling slower immediately after adding some Autotimers. I wonder if something with Autotimer caused memory leak, explaining why all my crashlogs start with "cannot allocate memory". Having no free/cached memory would cause all sorts of issues, right?

Since I created this post I have only had 2 crashes, and I have not added any new Autotimers.

Is there some sort of configuration file for Autotimer with more settings?
 
Adding an AT will slow down the box a bit as it has a lot of calculations to do. But that's only temporarily.
Memory leaks (if any) reflect on RAM; "cannot allocate memory" is about flash that's full.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top