Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

LCD Display blank on some plugins

I agree.

There's little point in bitching about this further and discussing cause and effect, because people begin to feel aggrieved and that they are being attacked personally as IanSav has done, when in actual fact they're not.
The fact remains that if someone now choses to use an OE-A based image, then they're not going to have a working display with any plugin that uses its own onboard player.
Surely this cannot be right and needs addressing ? regardless of what caused it and who's at fault.

ps I do know python.

Sanity! Thank you.
I don‘t think its being ignored, it needs time to be looked at. Having had large displays (Xtrend ET8500 and now Giga4K), I find them useful for debug (sometimes you can see whats happening when the TV just has a spinning icon) but to be honest not much else - so out of curiosity, what do people use them for, apart from displaying the current stream name etc ??
 
Well me for me personally, I've added many other things to the display such as incoming stream speed in MB/s and Video Bitrate to mine, using Convertor/Renderer py files I've written, which I find most useful when streaming from plugins. And of course we all have the basics, such as duration played and duration left and of course the progress bar. these are useful too, but not least, who wants a blank black display when you've paid good money for a box offering a display in full colour lol, Just my view anyway.
 
Last edited:
Not relevant.

DreamOS is closed source and has never worked without extra plugins being installed. This is their choice in their closed source image, but other LCD plugins have always been required to get anything more than just a basic LCD.

So when he said "Accully since i do test lots of images and STBs i can tell you that this is not just an OE-A issue." he only meant DreamOS?
That's not how I read it.
 
If Xtremity is broken please ask the plugin author to fix it. Last time we sent a fix it was not accepted so will not bother in the future.
 
Its not just Xstremity though.

Thanks twol.

If it is indeed being looked into then that's all we can ask.
 
Last edited:
Its any plugin that has its own player and imports from screens to give the info from Infobargenerics to this player using something like

Code:
from Screens.InfoBarGenerics import InfoBarSummarySupport, InfoBarMoviePlayerSummarySupport, InfoBarServiceNotifications, InfoBarSeek, InfoBarAudioSelection, InfoBarSubtitleSupport, InfoBarShowHide

Take your pic, Porncenter, E2iplayer, Xtreamity ect ect ect

If a plugin does not use its own player and instead uses Mediaplayer then everything is fine in the display.

To reproduce the issue just play a stream and since the Screen refactoring updates the boxes display remains blank. Info in the display is provided throughout a plugins menu's but when the last stage is reached and the stream is played the display becomes blank.
 
Last edited:
when you play a stream you have info on the lcd screen

This used to work in xtreamity and all other plugins using their own player and the display used to show all the relevant info, that is until IanSav refactored the screens. Since then the display remains blank.

then they're not going to have a working display with any plugin that uses its own onboard player.

To reproduce the issue just play a stream and since the Screen refactoring updates the boxes display remains blank. Info in the display is provided throughout a plugins menu's but when the last stage is reached and the stream is played the display becomes blank.

also front panel lcd no longer works when streaming

When watching a stream it should have the progress bar, clock and the play icon on the LCD, which is what it does with earlier versions of OBH 4.3 / ATV 4.4 and VIX 5.3, but the later builds of all of these images (after that commit I linked above), it's broken and you just get a black lcd when a stream is playing.

When you are in the menu of Xstremity it still shows the name of the area you are in (categories, server etc) on the lcd.

No idea, I was told by ian10951 that the front display stopped working in Xstremity after that commit (I wasn't using it back then, so don't know, but he said he reverted that commit in his ATV image and it worked again).

Something is this commit broke the lcd in xstreamity apparently.

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/c...ccb6e10dd2ea5a

Also the LCD display no longer works (it's just blank) this was reported to you a while back on github by ian1095.


Are there any fixes for these plugins (or xstremity etc) ?

I don't think kiddac is around, he's been in hospital having surgery, so I doubt fixing plugins is at the top of his agenda.

Nothing has been done with fixing xstremity either (both inputting stream info and the front panel display no longer working).

Hope I have not missed anything. Jut to re-iterate, start a stream by any of the listed plugins (Porncenter, E2iplayer, Xtreamity) and front panel display will be blank when playing the stream.
 
Last edited:
Kiddac looks to be working on xtreamity

Just a quick update of where I am at. (Sunday 25th)

I am currently re-writing lots of my code as its all become very complicated.

The original code used the same snippets of code for live, vod and series with lots of conditional calls depending on what section it was dealing with.
But Live, vod and series are totally different, so this meant although it worked, it was a nightmare to read and a nightmare to debug.
So I have been splitting out the code in their own files for live, vod and series. Makes everything a lot lot simpler for me.
Currently I have split out Live and VOD into their own files, with just series left to do.
But it's slow going.
Once series has been stripped out into its own file I will do another release. Nothing new, just a code refactor and a fix of them smaller bugs mentioned in the previous posts above.
Then I will have another look into my experiments I was doing in the week.

Two interesting phrases..... "it was a nightmare to read and a nightmare to debug." and ".........Makes everything a lot lot simpler for me."
 
He does not have a box with a front display panel. You also have not posted the earlier post where he says he leaves out front panel questions because he can't test it.

The underlying fact/observation/interpretation is that it worked before the refactor of E2 code.
 
.... yes, but he is working on xtreamity, I was just providing an update on your last quote in post #28.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top