Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin HD] Logic problem in trimming power timer log entries

birdman

Moderator
Joined
Sep 7, 2014
Messages
8,598
Reaction score
119
Points
63
Location
Hitchin, UK
I have two repeating power timer (-> Standby, repeats every 1 (or 2?) hours; -> Deep Standby if in Standby, repeats every 30 mins).
I've been wondering why the log entries for this never get removed.

It turns out that entries only get removed once the timer has finished. Whereas this makes sense for recording timers (although I think these can be set to repeat as well, I suspect they are more likely to be set as individual timers via auto timers - could be wrong, though).
My timers will never finish, so the pm_timers.xml file will just continue to grow (and take up more memory to store it each time it is read in...)
 
The code to trim old log items from repeating timers is at:

Code:
http://birdman.dynalias.org/OpenVix/

under the PruneTimerLogs heading.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top