Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[CrossEPG-Other] lost EPG

fast65

New member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi ,
decided last night to switch off power to all appliances instead of leaving on standby. However on switching back on all epg data is lost and I am getting DVB Service and n/a where prog should be. I have tried reloading epg but it is still not working. I have a VU Solo 2 running Vix image with Frankensky skin. Any ideas and help appreciated.
 
strange im sure in a bit someone with a bit more kowelege will be able to help...
sorry I cant help...
 
Did you go to deep standby before shutting down? If it's turned off by the rocker switch you don't give e2 a chance to save epg data from live memory. A rerun of ABM might clear the n/a's.


Tapatālker
 
@ fraggle, not to worry mate thanks for trying
@bubbleballs I just switched off at mains. Autobouquets is set to update at 1am. I'll try what you suggest and let you know
@ seame when I redownload some channels are there but not all

thanks for all suggestions
regards
 
@ fraggle, not to worry mate thanks for trying
@bubbleballs I just switched off at mains. Autobouquets is set to update at 1am. I'll try what you suggest and let you know
@ seame when I redownload some channels are there but not all

thanks for all suggestions
regards

These receivers are computers in their own rite and as such you must power them off properly to avoid causing damage.

always place the receiver into deep sleep before removing the power.
 
Phoenix
thanks m8 I'll definitely do that tonight and see what happens. In the meantime I have rerun ABM and now all is well

many thanks
 
Update on this. Put machine into deep standby and switched power off, but when I switched back on this morning got same result. Most channels showing DVB service and n/a. Have downloaded epg again and run ABM but still got channels without prog data. Seems to be a lot of trouble to save a bit of electric. Could there be a setting I need to alter or something.

regards
 
you could use the power timers feature.

for example you set the box to go into deepsleep at 23:00 every night and wake at 06:00 every morning. The box will still wake for any preset recordings then go back into deepsleep. you can also schedule both ABM and CrossEPG to run at say ten 06:20 and 06:30, essentially automating the whole process.
 
Delete The epg.dat From Your Hard Drive And The crossepg Folder... Then Run The EPG Downloader... That Gets The EPG Back For Me...
 
Remember though to delete the EPG.dat file you must first place enigma into sleep mode using the init 4 command with a telnet session, otherwise the EPG in the live memory can just override the changes you make.
 
I have decided to leave well alone and not bother switching off. Caused too many problems. thanks for all your help
 
Sorry for jumping thread but does anybody know what " Cron Timers " are about. when selected it says ready to install "busybox-cron".
reluctant to install as don't know what it is.
Thanks for any info in advance.:confused:
 
Sorry for jumping thread but does anybody know what " Cron Timers " are about. when selected it says ready to install "busybox-cron".
reluctant to install as don't know what it is.
Thanks for any info in advance.:confused:

Code:
http://bit.ly/1kSNH1X

If you don't know, you probably don't need it.
 
Sorry for jumping thread but does anybody know what " Cron Timers " are about. when selected it says ready to install "busybox-cron".
reluctant to install as don't know what it is.
Thanks for any info in advance.:confused:
No idea why highjacking a thread and saying 'sorry' could possibly seem a good way to ask a question :confused:
Please create your own thread for your own issue.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top