ViX Team,
I have two questions please:
1. What is considered the best location for picons - Flash or HDD? Year's ago I thought it was not recommended to use Flash as the constant reads/writes (updates) weren't good for the Flash - could cause it to degrade? Reference -> here
2. @abu baniaz and @Huevos have both contributed to python scripts that manipulate Picons.
As always, Many thanks to the ViX Team
I have two questions please:
1. What is considered the best location for picons - Flash or HDD? Year's ago I thought it was not recommended to use Flash as the constant reads/writes (updates) weren't good for the Flash - could cause it to degrade? Reference -> here
2. @abu baniaz and @Huevos have both contributed to python scripts that manipulate Picons.
A. The List missing picons script works with both Service Reference Picons and Service Name Picons I believe.
B. The script for converting SRP Picons to SNP Picons - Rename Picons to SNP format only works with SRP Picons I believe? The rename script does however have a really neat feature in that you end up with just the Picons that are in your lame.db, vastly reducing the the overall Picon folder size. Is there a script available that works with SNP picons and effectively creates a smaller sub-set of only the Picons in use from the full Picon library / repository download?
B. The script for converting SRP Picons to SNP Picons - Rename Picons to SNP format only works with SRP Picons I believe? The rename script does however have a really neat feature in that you end up with just the Picons that are in your lame.db, vastly reducing the the overall Picon folder size. Is there a script available that works with SNP picons and effectively creates a smaller sub-set of only the Picons in use from the full Picon library / repository download?
As always, Many thanks to the ViX Team
