Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] Media playback black screen

  • Thread starter Thread starter york
  • Start date Start date
Y

york

Guest
This Uno 4K seems to be a very powerful machine when reading the specs. One reason I bought it was to play my photos and videos from my Synology NAS.

But it cannot play any video file from my NAS. I get directly a black screen, does not matter what video file I am trying to see. Tried avi, m2ts AVCHD, mov, MP4, some from iPhone, some from AVCHD camera.

Kodi shows even a good preview image but get a black screen when try to play it.

It looks like missing all codecs. It is some package I need to install?
 
Yes, CIFS, however it was an update I installed last night and now most file work except .mts and . dv


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Rectification, Kodi still gets black screen to all files I have on Nas, including the tv recordings and all other files that now play in the default player.
 
Hi,
Kodi uses the normal E2 player and this is not able to play files like nfs:// or smb://. So if you added your NAS as cifs or nfs directly to Kodi you cannot play anything. You must mount your NAS in E2 then then let Kodi work through the root and then /media/net/NAS/share/file.

ciao
 
This is exactly how is set, nas mounted in E2, than the /media/net/xxxx is added in Kodi.
I can play some files in E2 default player.
I can see in Kodi all the fles, actually Kodi creates even good thumbs images of all video files, but when trying to play one of them just get black screen.
I think the problem is that Kodi is using the E2 player instead of its own.
 
Hi,
what kind if films? I tried some mkv/mp4 and they work. BluRay directory structure and iso will only work in a bluray player is installed.

ciao
 
I am trying to play:
.dv files from an old miniDV consumer camera
.mts files, this is AVCHD, 1080p from a newer, also consumer camcorder.

These are the typical video cameras for sale in any store, nothing fancy here.

I can play these files from any other Kodi on pc, Mac and Linux installation but all use the Kodi default player.

In Kodi on E2 the files even don't show up in the list.
When I mount my nas as SMB in Kodi, I can see the files in the list, Kodi even makes a small preview image of the the .dv and .mts files, but when try to play them I get a black screen.

Hard to understand why Kodi on E2 is set to use the E2 player when Kodi default player can play about any file you can imagine and it is a fully featured player with a nice interface, integrated subtitles control and a lot of other features.

Is there a way to choose or change to default Kodi player?
 
Hi,
no way. There is a difference between a STB and a normal Kodi machine. STB has to do decoding in hardware as the CPU is awfully slow whereas a PC or Android Box have quite powerful CPUs.

Try renaming the files to avi or mp4 and see what happens. dv and mts are not standard extensions which are know by the player. If they work after renaming something can be made so that the player will know them in the future.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top