Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] MKV Streaming & Regular Freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter tooooner
  • Start date Start date
T

tooooner

Guest
This doesn't seem to be a build specific thing as I have had this issue since I got my box with various images. If I am streaming 1080P MKV from my network the video would freeze from time to time and require me to time shift to get it playing again. I just watched a 1 hour video and it froze at least 5 times. It seems to be an issue when there is a high bitrate. Box is 1GBPS as is PC I'm streaming from and switch I'm using. XBMC doesn't have this issue at all on same file. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I could try to get it fixed please?

Thanks in advance
tooner
 
O
This doesn't seem to be a build specific thing as I have had this issue since I got my box with various images. If I am streaming 1080P MKV from my network the video would freeze from time to time and require me to time shift to get it playing again. I just watched a 1 hour video and it froze at least 5 times. It seems to be an issue when there is a high bitrate. Box is 1GBPS as is PC I'm streaming from and switch I'm using. XBMC doesn't have this issue at all on same file. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I could try to get it fixed please?

Thanks in advance
tooner

XBMC is on what device?
A 1 Gb lan should have no issues, I regularly stream full BluRay quality Mkv's across my network.
There are a series of Jellyfish mkv's that can be used to test out your network and issues...
 
Last edited:
XBMC is on a HTPC. I was thinking maybe it was a buffering issue i.e. when the buffer empties it freezes. Is it possible to increase the buffer size? There really shouldn't be a bottleneck anywhere but if there is I'd much prefer glitching than freezing. I guess I could monitor CPU/RAM usage while playing these jellyfish mkvs to see if that's the problem. Unless anyone has any other suggestions?
 
Hi,
when I tested none of my VUs had problems with high bitrates. I tested with >50MBit. What is know is that gstreamer has problems with audio tracks und subtitles if there are to many. If prossible try to remux with only one audio track and no subtitles and test again.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top