- What type of support thread are you creating?
- Support question
- What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
- 6.8.002
- Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
- NO
- Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
- NO
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest a tool I can install either as a plugin or as a command line tool to allow me to monitor the Ethernet realtime throughput so the I can check that my 100mbit port (and homeplugs) are not getting saturated when streaming multiple HD files between boxes.
I like the look of:
Bmon
Slurm
Iftop
speedometer
All suggested at https://askubuntu.com/questions/257263/how-to-display-network-traffic-in-the-terminal
I would also like to know - once something is suggested, how to install it using the package library in which it resides (as long as it will not break anything) and taking account of the dependencies etc.
Thanks all
Paul
I am guessing that a 1080i / p broadcast is going to require in the region of 5 - 8Mbit/sec
The limiting factor is not the homeplugs or boxes but the temporary 4G router I am using that is only 10/100 eithernet. Even so, with 80% speed on the router (80mbit/sec max throughput I should be good for over 10 simultanious streams.
I already ran iperf3 and found that my max throughput is 94Mbit/sec.
Can anyone suggest a tool I can install either as a plugin or as a command line tool to allow me to monitor the Ethernet realtime throughput so the I can check that my 100mbit port (and homeplugs) are not getting saturated when streaming multiple HD files between boxes.
I like the look of:
Bmon
Slurm
Iftop
speedometer
All suggested at https://askubuntu.com/questions/257263/how-to-display-network-traffic-in-the-terminal
I would also like to know - once something is suggested, how to install it using the package library in which it resides (as long as it will not break anything) and taking account of the dependencies etc.
Thanks all
Paul
I am guessing that a 1080i / p broadcast is going to require in the region of 5 - 8Mbit/sec
The limiting factor is not the homeplugs or boxes but the temporary 4G router I am using that is only 10/100 eithernet. Even so, with 80% speed on the router (80mbit/sec max throughput I should be good for over 10 simultanious streams.
I already ran iperf3 and found that my max throughput is 94Mbit/sec.
Last edited:
