Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Mount point failed - now green screen and reboot loop

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snookiwooki
  • Start date Start date
S

Snookiwooki

Guest
Hi All,

Was adding a mount point, all was accepted, but now for some reason the box goes into a crash - green screen reboot loop.

Is there anything I can do to remove the mount point I created remotely (which file is it stored in?) via FTP etc? as I am guessing it is Enigma which is crashing rather than the underlying OS?

Don't really want to have to re-flash - as no backup :confused:

Many thanks
Snookiwooki
 
Hi All,

Was adding a mount point, all was accepted, but now for some reason the box goes into a crash - green screen reboot loop.

Is there anything I can do to remove the mount point I created remotely (which file is it stored in?) via FTP etc? as I am guessing it is Enigma which is crashing rather than the underlying OS?

Don't really want to have to re-flash - as no backup :confused:

Many thanks
Snookiwooki

delete the file '/etc/enigma2/automounts.xml', and reboot, try again
 
Many thanks, very much appreciated...

Couldn't find a way to connect, just kept saying booting... - so in the end had to rebuild.

Weirdly cannot now install CCcam 2.2.1 only 2.2 - 2.2.1 doesn't install anything... v.odd?

cheers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks, very much appreciated...

Couldn't find a way to connect, just kept saying booting... - so in the end had to rebuild.

Weirdly cannot now install CCcam 2.2.1 only 2.2 - 2.2.1 doesn't install anything... v.odd?

cheers

Try re-downling the file again? Might have been a corrupt download. You are downloading it from the 4shared site?
 
CIFS Mount creates a reboot loop

I do suffer from the same problem.

Let me therefore add some more info on it:

- The problem does not happen with other images, like the latest Egami
- Although an automounts.xml file is existing, no (blocked) mount is shown under the administration of the mounts.
- I tried both versions: <enigma2> and <fstab>: Both fail in the same way.

- The automounts.xml file is:

<mountmanager>
<enigma2>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>False</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.1.11</ip>
<sharename>KOM</sharename>
<sharedir>G</sharedir>
<options>rw</options>
<username>******</username>
<password>******</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</enigma2>
</mountmanager>

- The only difference to the automounts.xml file of Egami, which works well, is the additional line for the choice between <enigma2> and <fstab>.

The crashlog which I found after re-installing my backup-image (with a de-activated net-mount) is attached.

I hope someone could shade some light to this mysterium
 

Attachments

I believe that I found the cause for the problem:

If you install the image and allow the installation-routine to take over previous settings (from a different image like egami) then this problem happens as soon as you try to activate a CIFS mount.

I reloaded the image from the scratch without allowing a taking over of previous setups. Result: My CIFS-mount works fine now.

BTW: Another problem, which I suffered from (dealing with with favourites) is also solved by not taking over previous setting during the installation of the image.

In other words: If you want a clean perfectly working system do not take over previous setting during the installation!
 
I believe that I found the cause for the problem:

If you install the image and allow the installation-routine to take over previous settings (from a different image like egami) then this problem happens as soon as you try to activate a CIFS mount.

I reloaded the image from the scratch without allowing a taking over of previous setups. Result: My CIFS-mount works fine now.

BTW: Another problem, which I suffered from (dealing with with favourites) is also solved by not taking over previous setting during the installation of the image.

In other words: If you want a clean perfectly working system do not take over previous setting during the installation!

Yes that is right, as the way the settings are saved may not be compatible with different images as you have found. If done with he same image should not be an issue.
 
Got the same problem, when tryng to use a nfs mount.
Solved it by removing the the mount lines /etc/enigma2/automount.xml(if I remember correctly)
Hope it helps
Cheers
 
Got the same problem, when tryng to use a nfs mount.
Solved it by removing the the mount lines /etc/enigma2/automount.xml(if I remember correctly)
Hope it helps
Cheers

which image version and where is the crash log ?.
 
we shall see how many people notice that vix 2.3 wil never again green screen ever garunteed ;)
 
thanks for uploading the log, and for future reference in ViX images from 2.2 upwards there is a inbuilt log manager that you can use to send these crash logs to us directly from the receiver, all we ask is if using this method you press menu in the log manager and fill in your details so we can keep track of the error and where possible we can ask future questions or let you know if we have a fix.
 
Hi
It could have been a nfs permission problem on my nfs server, I tried it now again and nfs mount seems to work without any futher crash.
Recording works fine now over to nfs server.
Edit: just read how to enable timeshift and change the timeshift paths...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top