Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

movie files

msuk

New member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
229
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I have various movie file types e.g avi, ts, mkv etc.. and if I were to copy these to a HDD would the Solo2 be able to play these back?

Msuk
 
yes, although remember that mkv, avi are container files so will depend on the codec used.
saying that, my solo2 plays all files i've thrown at it, some will work better than othes with ff/rw/number jump though.
 
yes although some may need to be re-encoded to work properly.
 
yes, although remember that mkv, avi are container files so will depend on the codec used.
saying that, my solo2 plays all files i've thrown at it, some will work better than othes with ff/rw/number jump though.

Great! Once I have copied the files to the movie folder, how do I play it?

Thanks
Msuk
 
the same way you play recordings, by pulling up the media player with the "list" button.
 
You don't have to copy them to play them. Install Samba, or equivalent for MAC and mount the drive the files are on. You can then play them direct from the network drive using the inbuilt media player.
 
Hi there,

They are on a Windows NTFS share, how can I mount this?

Thanks
Msuk
 
Hi there,

They are on a Windows NTFS share, how can I mount this?

Thanks
Msuk
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top