Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Network Problem

The Lambton Worm

New member
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Before upgrading to 2.4 I could see my Windows 7 laptop in the Network Browser of my ET9000. I could also see the ET9000 in my Network in explorer on my Windows 7 laptop. Now I can't see either machine no matter whether I'm on my laptop or through the ET9000. I can still ftp etc but I find these ways of transferring files cumbersome and prefer to use explorer on my laptop. I can also transfer channel lists via DBE no problem.

Any ideas?
 
As Stated in the release notes Most of the network services are no longer installed by default you need to go
menu>setup>system>network and select the ones you want, they will install for you when you select them if not already running.
 
When this happened to me, I reflashed the receiver, then after it booted I exited the wizard.

I then went to setup/Network and got Samba running.

Then I used the Vix/backup to restore all my settings.

(The first time I flashed 2.4 my box locked up when the wizard tried to restore my saved settings. I had to resort to the power switch and I never got the box to show on in Windows 7 network.)
 
When this happened to me, I reflashed the receiver, then after it booted I exited the wizard.

I then went to setup/Network and got Samba running.

Then I used the Vix/backup to restore all my settings.

(The first time I flashed 2.4 my box locked up when the wizard tried to restore my saved settings. I had to resort to the power switch and I never got the box to show on in Windows 7 network.)

Do NOT install backups from older images to 2.4 it will cause you problems
 
There are much system changes in 2.4 ..thats why

Once on 2.4 you can make new backup and use it again when (re)flashing
 
For explorer you need samba to be installed and to be active. No use installing all networkservices: that's a wast of resources (and that's why they have been left out).

And indeed: backups are there to be used. However they can't be used for a completely different system, as is the case when using ViX 2.4. You can however restore (auto)timers (and several other items, if you know what you are doing). And once doe, you can again use (new) backups.
 
Do NOT install backups from older images to 2.4 it will cause you problems
Fortunately for me the procedure I described worked fine - on two receivers. I do keep a spreadsheet with a note of all my settings. There are over 400 lines. But thank you for pointing this out.
 
For explorer you need samba to be installed and to be active. No use installing all networkservices: that's a wast of resources (and that's why they have been left out).

And indeed: backups are there to be used. However they can't be used for a completely different system, as is the case when using ViX 2.4. You can however restore (auto)timers (and several other items, if you know what you are doing). And once doe, you can again use (new) backups.

So, let me get this straight, to view other machines on the network you don't install networkservices? Weird! :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top