Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] Newbie question: Upgrading from version 121 to latest version (137?)

BadBlake

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
6
I'm thinking of upgrading from version 121 to the newest version available. I have made a backup of all settings (I hope) using backup manager. After completing the new install will I get all settings back along with all the add ons that were previously installed, or just the settings from the previous version?

Another question I have: Why does it take so long to start my Uno with the Vix image? Sometimes when the receiver locks up I do a restart (pull the plug for about 30-60 secs). It the takes anywhere from 5 to 9 minutes before I can start viewing anything. Is this normal?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)
 
If the feeds are down while you are restoring the settings backup you, your settings will be restored but your plugins wont be as they are downloaded from the image feeds. as for the boot time that could be numerous reasons such as a disk check on your HDD but without a RS232 serial boot log there would be no way for us to know.
 
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. By the way, do you recommend upgrading to version 137? I read that a few here are having problems with versions 135 and 136. I know they are using different receivers but the same problems may apply to my Uno. Is the 137 version ok for my Uno or should I wait for a newer update?
 
I did an update to 137 on a Uno yesterday and everything is working ok.
 
The issue with Apollo build 137 only really affected the solo2 and even then only affected a fresh flash, not a online update, we have since rebuilt Apollo build 137 and it now works as expected.

I would personally update to build 137 but make a settings backup as we are in the process of trashing and rebuilding the entire Apollo build and is likely going to need a reflash once completed any way.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top