Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

No audio from Solo2 on new tv

Thanks Rob. Could I use the optical cable to connect from the Solo2 straight into my TV? Or does it have to go from the Solo2 to a receiver/soundbar and then into the TV. As you can tell I'm not too techie on this area. Hope I can go straight into the TV, as don't really want to fork out on more equipment.
 
I really couldn't tell if your TV is capable of that. But as the TV doesn't accept the sound via HDMI, which is the most logical way), I doubt it.
 
Hi mate

I have a Samsung tv I have it connected to my vu box via hdmi with optical cable out to my sound bar with no problems, does your solo show in your input extention list on tv menu as mine shows its connected to hdmi 2 but with the Samsung you may also find it listed as another extention showing vu solo, it shouldn't be a problem but check its connecting to the hdmi port the solo is plug into or the one it sees in the menu setup.
 
Hi mate

I have a Samsung tv I have it connected to my vu box via hdmi with optical cable out to my sound bar with no problems, does your solo show in your input extention list on tv menu as mine shows its connected to hdmi 2 but with the Samsung you may also find it listed as another extention showing vu solo, it shouldn't be a problem but check its connecting to the hdmi port the solo is plug into or the one it sees in the menu setup.

I read you pull the HDMI while it was electrically connected, which could cause the HDMI output card to fail. I was switching numerous times on my AV amp HDMI and the HDMI output unit failed. As it was still in guarantee, I sent it away for a repair. HDMI is not very robust.
 
A friend of mine pulled the HDMI while the TV and Vu+ Solo2 was on and he caused damage to the main board. He had picture and no sound. I think you have done a similar thing and if I were you, enquire about having your box repaired.
 
Thanks guys for the input. Andy I don't think it's damaged as it works fine when connected to my old samsung tv. This smart tv is only showing PCM audio and the Dolby digital option is greyed out.
So think maybe need to look into the soundbar option then
 
if you say it works on other tv box must be good,whats the model number of tv to make enquireries on it.ponder if no sound from hdmi to tv spdif to soundbar might not work,but from sat box to soundbar if it has a spdif will or a hifi system with spdif.
 
There can be incompatibility issues between dedicated hardware. I just ran into the same (no sound via HDMI) setting up a box at a friends place. The box works perfectly fine on my TV's and other boxes run fine on his TV; just this particular combination is no good.
 
yes just read it and says average audio,wonder why they call them smart:D:smash::smash:
HTML:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue48h6400-review
 
Rob did u try another image or defo hardware incompatibility between the box and your mates TV. What box and Tv combo was it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top