Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] No free tuners - what are streaming clients?

reverend

New member
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
57
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
West London
Hi all,

i returned from holiday yesterday to find that my ET9500 would not tune in to any channels because it thought that it was recording using both tuners, even though nothing was being recorded and there were no active timerss. I have not updated Vix for months so I decided to do a full flash to the latest version, without restoring settings (which would not have been possible anyway given that I was going from 3.xx to 4.xx). After flashing the little recording lights on the front panel were not lit...good sign. However, as soon as I got the the point in set up of adding a bouquet, the tuners started getting used up for recordings that were not happening. I soon faced a 'no free tuner' message.

i've tried factory resetting, adding channels from my PC via Dreamboxedit, and adding channels by the autobouquet maker. Same result each time: tuners used up and indicated by the little 'REC' icons on the front display.

I've noticed that there is something new in the 'Information' menu called 'Streaming clients info'. This shows up a weird looking address along the lines of 'S 44-162-172-165.rev.cloud.scaleway.com 5 usa'. I have seen it inferred elsewhere on this forum that this could be the culprit. However there does not seem to be any information on what this streaming feature is, or how to control it, and specifically, turn it off (if someone is connecting to my box without authorisation'.

1_0_19_5208_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0.webp

Please advise.

Thanks

reverend
 
Last edited:
If your router is open or you're port forwarding, then someone is accessing your box.
 
Telnet into the box and set a root password, then in OpenWebIF, change the port and enable Authentication
 
.... that won't stop access to the box.
 
the only way to prevent access to your box, is to close your ports on your router.
 
Thanks all,

Ive changed my root password. Critically though, i have discovered that I had a port forwarding entry on my router called 'ET9500 streaming' opening port 8001. Now I don't remember putting it there, but i have no doubt that I did during some experiment or other. I've deleted that entry now and it was at that point that recording stopped.

Thanks all
 
...although I guess this means i can no longer stream internally within my own LAN via openwebif?
 
Yes you can. Opening ports is for external streaming but not advised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Your local lan will be perfectly safe to use, although changing passwords and authentication may have made it more difficult.
 
i see many people wanting port forwarding on them other boxes:eek:and not knowing what may lurk ,watching on phones and tablets and in other countries:confused:

a safe home network is better:thumbsup:
 
A VPN into your home network would also allow you to stream securely :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top