Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Nonsense EPG

  • Thread starter Thread starter 01342
  • Start date Start date
0

01342

Guest
Hi,

Can anyone assist with my EPG, it talks rubbish so much of the time.
I've attached 2 pics to explain further. You'll see that both today's Place in the sun is about alternative medicine (it isn't) as is today's BBC2 show Conviction (which also isn't).

This is happening pretty much every day with at least 5 shows on today affected in the same way.

I'm using openvix-4.0.003.

Cheers,

Keith.

IMG_4157.webp

IMG_4158.webp
 
Which receiver are you using?
How are you obtaining the EPG data?
Have you tried to delete the EPG (using the delete option in the epg menu)
 
Which receiver are you using?
How are you obtaining the EPG data?
Have you tried to delete the EPG (using the delete option in the epg menu)

Hi,

VU Solo2. Not a clone.
Cross EPG?
Yep, just did and re updated - same thing :(

Cheers,

Keith.
 
This has helped me in the past when my EPG has displayed nonsense, I'm sure there's a "defrag Database" option under "CrossEPG"
 
... looks like /media/usb to me.
 
Paste the following command using Putty or preferred client to stop enigma2
Code:
init 4

Using FTP program like Filezilla, navigate to /media/usb/
Delete the epg.dat file

Paste the following command using Putty or preferred client to restart
Code:
init 3
 
Paste the following command using Putty or preferred client to stop enigma2
Code:
init 4

Using FTP program like Filezilla, navigate to /media/usb/
Delete the epg.dat file

Paste the following command using Putty or preferred client to restart
Code:
init 3

Thanks.

That kind of worked. The EPG data all disapeared, I guess as expected. I re downloaded and a show for tomorrow is now reading correctly. I checked on one for next Wednesday and again it's not right.
I have had this solo2 for 3 or 4 years (ish) now and never had this problem until I re flashed with 4.0.003. last March.

Cheers.
 
Follow the procedure as outlined above by abu but also delete the complete crossepg folder, it will be recreated with a fresh database when crossepg downloader is run.

I'm not sure why ppl just concern themselves with the epg.dat when dealing with crossepg as problems are usually in it's database stored in the folder from which the epg.dat is produced.

A corrupt crossepg database will produce a corrupt epg.dat so best start with a fresh database.
 
Last edited:
Follow the procedure as outlined above by abu but also delete the complete crossepg folder, it will be recreated with a fresh database when crossepg downloader is run.

I'm not sure why ppl just concern themselves with the epg.dat when dealing with crossepg as problems are usually in it's database stored in the folder from which the epg.dat is produced.

A corrupt crossepg database will produce a corrupt epg.dat so best start with a fresh database.

Hello,

Thanks a lot - that seems to have done it. Not possible to check every listing but no glaring nonsense. I'll keep an eye on it.

Cheers,

Keith.
 
Great thread - have noticed the following with ours too - and our home STBs are miracle boxes.

Example - Indian channel epg on sports channels, etc.....




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top