Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Novice Hlep with using Samba wildcards

sigpark

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
310
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Hi Folks,

Bit of a novice question here for those that are a little more savvy than me :) And I understand ALL files names are case sensitive

I use Samba plugin on ViX, as I find it conventient to access VU+ Solo 2 storage from my pc, (also sometimes I use filezilla) - just a preference, but you guys give us loads of choice!!

I recently rebuilt from scratch as requested, and when I restore selected backup files from a windows folder to the mapped Samba share, I can copy to *.* using wildcards to replicate file names in the Samba destination folder - no problem.

I can list all files in the Samba destination folder with a simple dir *.* and again no problems.

If I try to list my skin_user files (or any other files) in the Samba folder using dir *.xml or dir *skin_user.* OR trying ??? for single wildcard characters, I can get nothing to list. I have to explicitly do dir skin_user.xml to see the file.

Can somebody kindly please explain this to me, and how I should use a star * wildcard to list say all .xml files?

many thanks
 
70 Views and no answers. I am thinking that perhaps the implementation of Samba does not fully support wild cards - does anybody know?

Check out the attached and you will see cmd window with three wildcards commands executed on etc folder:

dir *.xml
dir *.conf
dir *.log

Only two of the four .xml files are found, and nada for the others, just "file not found message"

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • dos wildcard.webp
    dos wildcard.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 15

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top