Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Octagon SX88+ DLNA support

[email protected]

New member
Joined
Jan 2, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I can access the DLNA server from my LG TV in a different room and it works well.
But when I try to access using my new 4k ROKU box in another room using its Media Player app.
It finds the DLNA server on the SX88 but says 'No compatible media found in: LiveTV'

ROKU says - The following file formats are supported:
Video - H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV)
Audio - AAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); MP3(.MP3, .MKV); WMA (.ASF, .WMA, .MKV), FLAC (.FLAC, .MKV), PCM (.WAV, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV), AC3/EAC3 (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .
AC3), DTS (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .DTS), ALAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .M4A), Vorbis (.OGG, .MKV, .WEBM)
Playlists - .M3U, .M3U8, .PLS
Image – JPG, PNG, GIF (non-animated)

The following media formats are supported on Roku devices that support 4K (which I bought!)
4K Video - H.265/HEVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); VP9 (.MKV, .WEBM)
4K Video - H.264 (Roku Premiere, Premiere+, and Ultra only)

Are there any streaming boxes / sticks that would work if ROKU is no good? or anything else I can do?
It works fine on my LG TV so not a network issue but a format / codecs and things I dont understand issue.

Many thanks
Keith
 
Hi,
you try to play a recording from your Octagon with the media player app of your Roku? If yes it might be a problem with the file extension. Enigma2 boxes name their recordings with .ts. You can try to rename a recorning from .ts to .mp4. If it works then it is only a problem with the extension.

Ralf
 
I'm trying to access the satellite feed from my ROKU box.
It works well on my LG smart TV and I can change channels etc
But not the ROKU.
So I am looking for alternative streaming stick that works with the SX88
Thanks
 
Will a chromecast stick access the media server on the SX88 ?
Or an amazon firestick ?
Or any streaming dongle???

Please help as I have roku streaming sticks and their media player does not read the SX88 dlna server
 
OK OK I get it!

In case anyone in the world ever wants to stream from the SX88 to another TV in the house.....

I've got it working!!

Bought a gen 1 amazon firestick off ebay (v. cheap)

Downloaded "VLC for fire" onto the firestick

IT WORKS PERFECTLY! I can stream from satellite receiver to any TV in the house.

Thanks for all your help.
 
Can you say a bit more, what did you setup on the SX88, and when you say any tv, does that mean plugging the firestick into the tv?

What image are you using?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top