DMM were the first Enigma image. They took Vu to court several years ago and went closed source. That left PLI. ViX branched off PLI, OpenAAF (now openATV) branched off OpenVix.
Some of us among the ViX team tend to cherry pick/push to OpenPLI as most teams cherry pick from them too. We also try and keep changes that are universally acceptable and minimise specific workarounds.
Tere is no common codebase. Nor a definition of what drivers should do.
Thanks for the background info.
What would you like to report?
A couple of things;
1.
Has ViX dropped support for 4:3 TVs? The screen aspect ratio option was removed from the Audio/Video settings at some point. ATV still has it.
This looks like the revision in question:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/...fd65d5a#diff-5a25825681d073918a3e4caee6f323c5
I've got an old bedroom TV and I don't like stretchy-vision, so I've tried rolling back the changes.
The aspect ratio option is back. No apparent problems so far setting it to 4:3, but I've only tested SCART output.
2.
Now a more tricky one; my Octagon SF228 has a completely repeatable recording glitch (video corruption and audio blip) that always happens when recording two overlapping programmes - but only when they're both on the same channel.
The glitch is only on the second recording, at the exact moment the timer for the first ends. It doesn't show up in any other situation. Ffmpeg reports an error in the file at that point.

Hashed section is where the recordings overap.
I tested a Vuplus DUO2 (ViX 5.1.019) (terrestrial UK) and couldn't reproduce it. It's not clear if it's a SF228 hardware limitation or an E2 bug that only shows up on that receiver.
Just wondered if anyone else has reported this?