Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-OE] Openvix 808 Download link

I swear it would be easier to have a tooth pulled than to get a straight answer here sometimes
 
I cant post the link rite now but I will once I get home explaining why we phased out Zeus.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Maybe it would be easyer to make a sticky for the old image 3.808 and send them to me .I would gladly send the images to everyone who wants them by PM.If I could get hold of the images.I have space enough on my HDD's here at home and I am online everyday.Naturarly there should be a notice !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that these are no longer supported and downloads are no longer working.
A lot off people want old images and no changes.I have the same here with many of my friends who will not update there receivers with new images.If help comes from many ways , many people are helped and happy.
But that is a question to answer for the moderators and developers off the images.

PS: most off them are older people who hate changes.My father is also 83 and will not update images on his sat receiver.He says : what is working fine needs no changes and I have no time to learn it all again.
 
Last edited:
I cant post the link rite now but I will once I get home explaining why we phased out Zeus.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

One of around a dozen instances where I personally posted the reasons why Zeus was superseded by Helios so soon.


Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37696-new-image-build-so-soon&p=287055&viewfull=1#post287055

Helios is just as stable as Zeus or any other revisions of ViX has ever been, Releasing Helios was not about image stability it was about Image security.

Zeus was a full overhaul of the OE build environment, this took us or rather Andy almost 4 months to complete. Helios was again to do with the OE (Open Embedded) Core but this time more to fix the Heartbleed bug and a few other things which pretty much affected every part of the image.

We Took the decision to Release Helios as a new image as a full reflash was required after the recent OE merge, and rather than users just ignore our advice not to use the online update (which would break the image) we took that choice out of their hands.
 
I remember when my Ultimo working with OI, very old image, and plugins support is provided by the feed.

It was convenient while tired! :D

Maybe you could stay only plugins support for the old images?
 
I remember when my Ultimo working with OI, very old image, and plugins support is provided by the feed.

It was convenient while tired! :D

Maybe you could stay only plugins support for the old images?

I think you dont realize just what is involved in keeping the plugin feeds for each box, your talking individual feeds for about 30 plus receivers for which we simply cant dedicate time and effort to keeping updated, and in time more and more plugins will cease to function, plus there is the monetary cost involved.

It's just not practical for us to maintain such old feeds for these images, so they are gone and we will not restore them.
 
i have a vix 808 solo image backup with CC, ondemand, airplayer & samba installed. Happy to send it to anyone who wants it
 
Guys I know this may come across as a wee bit anal but there is no flaming image called ViX 808, the correct name is OpenViX 3.0-808. Like i said i know it makes no difference but it's just the kind of thing that grates on me LOL.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top