Grinnders
Forum Supporter

Been following this guide to setup OpenVPN http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?36336-Guide-to-setting-up-an-OpenVPN-server-on-Vix I've used it before and have managed to get it to work.
I have followed the process several times and can successfully execute OpenVPN connection but when I setup a remote session 4G/VPN (on iOS) I cannot connect to the specific box even though I get the green OpenVPN light on both VIX and the OpenVPN app (iOS VPN is the same) .
Locally (wifi/VPN) it does work but clearly being on the same LAN I'm not sure how much OpenVPN config it's using/I'm proving.
I cannot recall when this started not to work, as I've performed several VIX sw updates and probably not used in the interim, but in recent times I have changed my ISP from Plusnet to BT and I also now have IPTV, which demands at least 1 of the BT recommended DNS servers so my second DNS server is 8.8.4.4. Port forwarding is 1194 and I have a decent Netgear nighthawk router with lots of config capability.
Any ideas?
I have followed the process several times and can successfully execute OpenVPN connection but when I setup a remote session 4G/VPN (on iOS) I cannot connect to the specific box even though I get the green OpenVPN light on both VIX and the OpenVPN app (iOS VPN is the same) .
Locally (wifi/VPN) it does work but clearly being on the same LAN I'm not sure how much OpenVPN config it's using/I'm proving.
I cannot recall when this started not to work, as I've performed several VIX sw updates and probably not used in the interim, but in recent times I have changed my ISP from Plusnet to BT and I also now have IPTV, which demands at least 1 of the BT recommended DNS servers so my second DNS server is 8.8.4.4. Port forwarding is 1194 and I have a decent Netgear nighthawk router with lots of config capability.
Any ideas?

