Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Openwebif data usage

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexk18
  • Start date Start date
A

alexk18

Guest
Hi guys,

Just changed to sky fibre with 25gb usage cap. Just wanted to know how much data would be used by ha e box when I try and externally stream from my tm 2 super to iPhone( on 4g not home wifi).

Not sure if it's the right place but I wasn't sure where else to put this. (If there's a better place please move it)


Thanks in advance

Alex
 
The tm 2 super still doesn't support transcoding, so not the best idea stream externally. Will easily use up your 25GB cap in no time.
 
ok thanks. what do you think is the best way to stream without using up the cap?
 
ok thanks. what do you think is the best way to stream without using up the cap?

you cant with the box you currently have, only a box that supports transcoding would lower your data usage or a device like a monsoon media vulcano or a skingbox style device.
 
Why are you using a fibre service with such a ridiculous bandwidth cap :confused:

Bandwidth caps are for low-speed DSL services. Even when I was on a low-speed (2Mb/s) DSL service I had a 30GB limit each month. When I moved to an 8Mb/s service I upped the limit to 200GB and approached it regularly. Once I moved to fibre (70Mb/s) I had an initial limit of 300GB per month, shortly thereafter moving to unlimited. I regularly exceed 20GB on a daily basis now although my average monthly usage is about 350GB.

High bandwidth services like fibre or coax invariably promote high monthly usage. Otherwise why have them? If you only "sip" bandwidth, then I suggest you save yourself money and stay on basic services - you don't seem to need fibre or 4G.
 
It was a free contract upgrade with sky. Will ask tomorrow to see what it costs to increase the cap.
 
For sure increase the cap - otherwise SKY will make a fortune when you exceed it because you are utilising the speed to the full.
Out of interest, what actual speeds are you getting on fibre?
 
25 download and about 5.5 upload - think the maximum speed is 36 down and 10 up
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top