Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Parental Control pin

  • Thread starter Thread starter selondoner
  • Start date Start date
S

selondoner

Guest
Hi all,

So with children now old enough to use the remote control I want to use the parental control feature of Vix.

However when I try and turn them on I'm asked only to change the pin. Not set one up.

I thought I must have set one up some time ago so I installed from scratch with latest image on openvix (161)(via couch image manager install) and expected to be asked to set up parental control during set up but I'm not. Went through it twice to double check.

What am I missing?! How do I set the pin?

Any help very much appreciated.

(Would rather use parental controls so us grown ups can watch what we want when they go to bed!)
 
Press the OK button to set-up a pin when on the Change PIN option.
Menu -> Setup -> Parental control -> Protect services or Protect Screens, highlight the Change PIN option & press OK to set PIN number.
 
parental control has changed abit, it doenst ask you to setup during the first install wizard

when u first go into it, it will ask you to setup the pin, set one up and then the list will appear,

select if you want to protect channels or menus or both.



for channels, go into your channellist and press menu on the channel you want to protect, then select add to parental control.
 
That's what I don't understand. I'm installing from scratch. Not restoring settings but still I don't get an option in the menu to set up. Just a 'Change pin' option.

Would installing via USB make a difference? Ie clearing previous settings?
 
The default is 0000. Enter this first, you will then be able to set/change to your own one.

N.B
Flashing by Image Manager/flashing by USB has the same result.
 
That's what I don't understand. I'm installing from scratch. Not restoring settings but still I don't get an option in the menu to set up. Just a 'Change pin' option.

Would installing via USB make a difference? Ie clearing previous settings?

installing from scratch should be the same as a usb flash.

set the pin and then the options will appear.
 
Thanks gents. Will try the default pin when I get home and see if that let's me in.
 
And it worked. Just needed to know the default pin (0000).

All set up with protected bouquets!

Thanks again
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top