I am trying to get my PCTV USB tuner working, and have:
(1) Installed the dvb-usb-em28xx driver from the plugin menu
(2) Put the dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw (with and without dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw) file(s) in /lib/firmware from https://github.com/OpenELEC/dvb-firmware/tree/master/firmware in /lib/firmware
dmesg indicates that it has been recognised including:
em28178 #0: Identified as PCTV tripleStick (292e) (card=94)
[ 12.805000] em28178 #0: dvb set to isoc mode.
[ 12.810000] usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx
[ 12.834000] em28178 #0: Binding DVB extension
[ 12.853000] em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
with no suggestion of an error. However It still does not appear in the list of tuners.
Elsewhere I have seen references to needing to enable I2C support in the kernel - if this is required could some-one please explain in simple terms what I need to do. If this is not the problem, any help would be much appreciated.
TIA,
EMJB
(1) Installed the dvb-usb-em28xx driver from the plugin menu
(2) Put the dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw (with and without dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw) file(s) in /lib/firmware from https://github.com/OpenELEC/dvb-firmware/tree/master/firmware in /lib/firmware
dmesg indicates that it has been recognised including:
em28178 #0: Identified as PCTV tripleStick (292e) (card=94)
[ 12.805000] em28178 #0: dvb set to isoc mode.
[ 12.810000] usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx
[ 12.834000] em28178 #0: Binding DVB extension
[ 12.853000] em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
with no suggestion of an error. However It still does not appear in the list of tuners.
Elsewhere I have seen references to needing to enable I2C support in the kernel - if this is required could some-one please explain in simple terms what I need to do. If this is not the problem, any help would be much appreciated.
TIA,
EMJB
