Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Play after pause

  • Thread starter Thread starter kooleracer
  • Start date Start date
K

kooleracer

Guest
Hello, i am using vix. 2.3. 153 and when i play a file in the media player there are some problems.

When I a pause a movie (NAS/ Internal HDD), i wont start when i press play again. How can i fix this.
 
The Play/Pause function has been changed: the both will pause during playback; playback can be resumed by pressing "OK".
Pressing Play/Pause when paused will do a frame by frame.
 
After pressing ok nothing happens?


And, also when i''am fast forwarding no icon pops up to tell me if am i doing 2x or 4x etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what..After re-flash Media player isnt in the menu anymore. This crazy.

First try on reflash, The LCD said flashing after box reboot, all my settings where still on the box?
2nd try, Try to reflash with CT V4 Image, there no problem but i see VIX bootlogo in the background?
3rd try, reflash Vix 2.3.153 LCD (said something about bootloader? i have the newest), and then it flashed anyway, but now now mediaplayer in the menu.
 
Ahh, so you weren't on the latest version then.....
Indeed: the old, buggy, not maintained for years mediaplayer has been left out. For a good reason, i.e. to prevent it from being used instead of the multifunctional ViX-mediaplayer.
So it's not "crazy", it's progress!!
Push PVR or List or Playlist and see what you get: all files (i.e. videa, audio & photo) can be played by pushing "OK", or be previewed by pushing Play.
And navigation is very easy and clear indeed.

Enjoy it: it's a beauty!
 
if i press playlist, its says mediaplayer not installed. Were can i download vix-mediaplayer?
 
if i press playlist, its says mediaplayer not installed. Were can i download vix-mediaplayer?

the vix media player in and has been for a very long time installed into the image as standard, run a update to make sure your image is upto date then try again.

you should see a screen like this when pressing the list button.
 
thats is your recording list, media player is a different plugin that can be download from feeds if needed.
 
I have the same problem on the xtrend ex9200 on box image 2.3 if I play and pre recorded or any other file and press pause it will no resume if I press play. Only way round this I have found. After pressing pause if I press exit then playlist and select thefile I was watching it will resume from where I have pause it. Not sure if this help am still looking for fix
 
Are you sure you have set the pause-button to 'Play'? See
Menu --> Setup --> System --> Recording Settings --> Behaviour of 'pause' when paused --> Play
Works fine here.
 
I have just found this thread, I had already posted a new thread about this very problem.
Just to be absolutely clear, the pause button works perfectly if you are playing a file from the internal hdd which was recorded on the receiver, but when playing an external file with the media player, there appears to be no way to get out of pause other than stopping play and re starting the file,
did anyone solve this?
 
And if you just de-install the MediaPlayer, and only use the build-in one (RecordingsList --> OK)? That way you can play (and pause!) all kinds of files: recordings, MP3's, Photo's, DVD (ISO).
Mediaplayer is an old, no longer maintained plugin that adds no functionality.
 
So how do I do that then Rob? I have just removed the Plugin and now when I press the playlist button I get a popup saying please install a media player plugin?
 
Ahhh I have found the "Location" button on the normal filelist page, is that what you mean Rob? I have never used these VIX images before so sorry I am new to them

I have selected a page of mp3 files and it's working it's way through them but it's cutting off the end of every one of them and starting the next file?
 
Ahhh I have found the "Location" button on the normal filelist page, is that what you mean Rob? I have never used these VIX images before so sorry I am new to them
Not sure which box you're using, but that seems to be the one.

I have selected a page of mp3 files and it's working it's way through them but it's cutting off the end of every one of them and starting the next file?
When in the list of recordings press Menu --> Settings (or SetUp, not sure in English) --> Play Audio in Background and change 'Yes' to "no' (or the other way around). Then the whole folder will be played.
 
Sorry Rob, it's an ET9000, yes changing the background play to no has certainly made it play the whole Mp3 file, but now it stops after each one and everyone has to be selected for play individually
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top